don't click here

Things in Sonic Games you misinterpreted when you were younger...

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ollie, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShenziSixaxis

ShenziSixaxis

I never understood the Miles Per Hour thing when I was young, nor that Miles was Tails' actual name. I was a pretty stupid kid. XD

2. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Back for Sonic 1: My first impressions of the game were from a friend who used cheats back when I was 5 or 6 or so...
    I thought that either Spring Yard or Marble Zone was the first level.
    I thought that Chaos Emerald was "Chose Emerald" and that the Emerald was actually a picture of two hands locked together like some old logo which I forget.
    I used to get scared during the boss fights.
    I remember describing the music from Robotnik and Spring Yard as scary to my mom.

I donno. There is probably a bunch of other shit I forgot. I remember calling the final boss of Sonic 2 "The Big Chicken" amongst my friends (Similarly Sonic 3's final was Bodyslammer, and S&K's Death Egg boss was Cornholio thanks to the way he keeps his hands up), just to give it a name and thinking the Aquatic Ruin was Aquatic Run when I first read it (I don't know how I knew what aquatic was...).

Yeah...

3. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Holy crap! Is it really the future Angel Island? What's the story behind that then?? Also, I always imagined that Robotnik built the carnivals and things, especially confirmed in the new games where he builds that carnival in Shadow The Hedgehog, and EggmanLand becomes a bit of a funfair too in Unleashed. In the E3 video for Colours, that Space theme park is also created by Robotnik (hell, if you listen carefully you can clearly hear him say "will the owner of a White -something- please...). I shit you not, check it out.

4. For a little while, I thought Amy was a human because she was the only one who had clothes on (other than gloves and shoes) and had a human-ish hairstyle. But then one day shortly thereafter I noticed "Hey, she has a tail and hedgehog ears."

Sonic Adventure-style Amy, btw. I didn't play CD until Gems Collection came out. If I had, that probably never would have happened.

5. I never understood (and still don't understand) how Tails' tails and Advanced Cream's Ears could behave the way they do during jumps, spin dashes, and rolling. I mean, if these body parts are attatched to the rest of the body, shouldn't they roate with the rest of the body? It makes no sense to me how the tails and ears can trail behind these characters if they are curled up in a fetal position and rolling forward.

6. I think we've discussed that before. It also doesn't make sense how Tails can fly without twisting his tails together, or why Cream's ears are on backwards.

7. dsrb

dsrb

mandatory comment about the futility of applying logic, science, anatomy, etc. to a universe centred on a high-speed anthropomorphic blue hedgehog

8. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Since tails was introduced in sonic 2, which to me has anime influences like the title screen and in general tails' rolling animation, the floating tails behind a spinning ball works.

The entire game is fantasy anyway I think stuff like that is fine, but I bet a lot of kids would think wtf.

9. Which was exactly what I thought when I was 6 during the first time I played Sonic 2 back when it first came out.

10. I thought the lyrics to Wrapped in Black were "To blame, too strong" which didn't make sense. Then when I looked them up, I, for some reason, assumed the song was about coffee.

11. Felik

Felik

I never understood what kind of mountains are in the background of the Launce Base. They look like some weird mix of mountains and egyptian pyramids.
    Tell me what are those?

12. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Sometimes I think it's a funky looking Sandopolis, no idea otherwise it's just there for looks.

13. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Not really a misinterpretation, but the Sky Chase zone irked me a little. Not because Sonic was on top of a plane (That was awesome in the movie), but because he was sort of walking in place on top of it.

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

That's what I always thought, with the forest in front being Mushroom Hill.

15. I used to think that if you had enough rings as Super Sonic at the end of Wing Fortress in Sonic 2 the you could be Super Sonic at the last boss.

16. Nova

Nova

I also thought that the badnik in Spring Yard Zone was an evil Sonic clone.

The first time I played a Special Stage as Knuckles, I tried collecting red spheres rather than blue. :(

17. TheLoz

TheLoz

UK
    Learning
    Thing is, that makes perfect sense. Doesn't help that there's also yellow ones.

When I was younger, I always assumed that in Sonic 1 was some kind of giant - whose role it was to protect the other animals,
    who were much smaller than him, from Robotnik, like a guardian spirit or something. I never had the manuals.
    I also assumed, therefore, that Tails was Sonic's son or something. Maybe I was a wierd kid.

Also Robotnik was Russian, for some reason.

18. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Robotnik does sound like a Russian name.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot. As a kid, I thought Knuckles was a girl. I was a rather close-minded child, so I thought "Long hair = girl". Ironic, seeing as how my own hair is long now, but eh.

19. TheLoz

TheLoz

UK
    Learning
    Shit, me too. Does he look pinker in S3 than in S&K? I kinda remember being, um, attracted to Knuckles as a kid. :( Also in the intro sequence to S&K, he looked to be wearing lipstick at one point.

20. Nova

Nova

I did used to think Tails was a girl. Seriously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.