don't click here

Sonic Freerunner

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Azookara, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Alright. Since the model is finished, to who do you want me to send it for texturing?
    Also I'll get to work on modeling Tails and Knuckles.
    I'm assuming that we are going for the classic style with a pinch of modern-ness ( like the style I made this Sonic model in).

2. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Just so you know, most of the models that Sega's made for Sonic usually define the peach part of his stomach via polygons rather than a texture. You essentially make your circle out of squares, then extrude the outside edge to fine tune it. Check it out. It's a shot from a game, so you kind of need to mentally detriangulate it.

And if it matters to anyone, Sonic Robo Blast 2 has Metal Robotnik as the final boss.

3. Alright, I'll fix that up right away. I was just being really lazy.. Though, the stomach I made actually is defined so it doesn't really on the texture. It's just Blender's subsurf (sub-divided smooth) that screws with the bottom part of it in high poly mode.

4. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Dear lord Poly, IT WAS ME WHO RAPED YOUR PUPPY not Azukara!

Anyways, I'll keep doing what I've been doing- ideas for badnik and levels and maybe gimmicks. I realize my skills won't allow me to go further, except maybe for story work.

5. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Yes, Ath, please continue (after making Sonic's stomach thing like Phos said) work on Tails and Knuckles. Your ability to make Sonic look like his OVA version is certainly impressive, and I can't wait to see it on those models too. Oh, and (only if you can) make Knuckles a cowboy hat verbatim to the one OVA por favor. :3

And Phos, I had no idea about that. Then again, I never really got that into SRB2. Good in it's own right, but kinda hard to get used to.

6. The funny thing is that I never knew what OVA was..until you said I made it look like it (then I looked it up)

Well NOW I'm finally done with this model.
    video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mWPDx4QRBY
    It's textured with basic, flat colors so maybe I should send the model to a real texture-er (texturer?).

[​IMG]
    I actually had to start completely from scratch (on the torso that is ), to get the belly to actually be made the correct way.

7. Impish

Impish

Well, I don't thing he should be the final boss, as he was kind of a joke in the OVA. I was thinking he could be a challenge boss or maybe a sub boss.

8. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    Well, the Metal Robotnik of the OVA does take its inspiration from a few of the game's bosses now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah, I know, it's MY fan image of The Great Egg Destroyer from 2008 for SBK Contest, but I couldn't find any ingame screens of him. So yeah, it's cheap advertising if you want to put it that way.

If you notice each one changed and got more and more sinister and deadly. Plus, OVA Robotnik actually had SatAM's mega muck. It was so damn cool... Too bad that it's true that he was a joke.

What I'm thinking is we could make a new Robotnik Mech and have it ingame as a build up boss to Metal Sonic of course.

But it's an idea. I could lend some concept art your way of course.

9. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    No, in the OVA he was pretty much the midboss. The only funny parts about him was when he teleported into Robotropolis and fell apart... and when he shat glue. (Ha, ha.)

10. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I was thinking of an Eggman mecha.. but in a different way. Super Eggman anyone? :3

This of course would be the final boss. Eggman gets a hold of the Chaos Emeralds and tries to manipulate them himself (because he's tired of seeing his plans with machinery and the emeralds fail; "to do it best you must do it yourself"), so he tries to use them and becomes charged with Chaos Energy. Suddenly everything in the universe is being destroyed and replaced with Eggman's image, and Eggman is decked up in a mecha suit that covers his whole body but his head, and his mustache is golden and pointing upwards, sparkling like fire.

11. Impish

Impish

Didn't we discuss the chaos suit Azukara? If not it was to be a mecha suit styled like orange, red and yellow diamonds which was created by a chaos emerald. And I think we were going to make it that Sonic had turned hyper using the the master emerald, and it was going to be a battle between order (master emerald) vs chaos (chaos emerald(s)). .I really like your idea for how it happens.
    EDIT: I found the pm where this was decided
    Later on we figured out how we can put special stages in and this led to some talk about ova similarities.

That's why I didnt want metal robotnik as a main boss: because we could do something awesome with actual robotnik. But can we still have him as a one off cameo boss, like a head of a challenge, or the villain of a mission in a hub world.

12. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Oh yeah, I almost forgot we already talked about this! ^^;

But yes that was the plan. The whole Chaos vs Order deal. I was also thinking of it playing like the special stages do, but with a boss in it, and not in the middle of an emerald but in a vortex through space. And Hyper Sonic would have course have to boost into the shards/spots on his armor that represent parts of the mixed together Chaos Emeralds. However the stage would be painful; as since it would play like the special stages (time limit, rings deplete per second and depletion doubles when boosting so collect many rings and use the boost wisely), and you would fight this mad Super Eggman beast at the same time which would be knocking you back with projectiles of missles and explosions and chaos energy and whatnot. It would be INTENSE.

13. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    [​IMG]
    So, what, he's the Master? =P

It's a neat idea, though, I'd love to see a Super Robotnik - as you pointed out, he's seemingly tried everything else.

14. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Yeah, why wouldn't he try this now? :v:

15. Bobinator

Bobinator

My thoughts on your posting Member
    You don't know how long I've been hoping to see this. The only way this could be better if this was after a generic, standard Super Sonic fight where Robotnik manages to grab the emeralds from you after the first 2 or 3 hits.

16. [​IMG]

:v:

Sounds pretty cool. Also, maybe making eggman in some machine as a sub final boss, when sonic isn't super yet, and when that thing is defeated, eggman uses the chaos emeralds at his own, and sonic does that to.

Oh and I didn't made that pic.

17. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I was thinking that he uses a suit MADE of the Chaos Emeralds and their energy. Anyways just imagine something like that but with the head off that picture you have there :v:

18. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    [​IMG]
    Well robots have been super before. So a Super Mecha Robotnik could be a ridiculous and epic final boss battle.

19. Veitra

Veitra

I've had that idea in my head for years now! and someone thought of it also...Super Robotnik would be an awesome touch...but not all muscly like....more like...N Tropy from Crash Bandicoot...control of time and space. and technology since Robotnik is a techno freak and all.

20. Jeztac

Jeztac

Sonic R-DX