don't click here

Sonic Mega Collection 3?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Sonic Warrior TJ, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Pulse

The Pulse

GLUTHAWK, KING OF THE HAWKS Member
    Just to grasp at straws: Sonic Heroes + Shadow the Hedgehog and call it Sonic Mood Whiplash Collection.

I loled at that guy's EHZ Remix.

"WHAT WAS ONCE A PEACEFUL ENVIRONMENT FULL OF VEGETATION AND LIGHT"

2. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    You don't understand. The Sonic fan base IS the group I'm talking about.

3. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    They already have a bad public image. The fuck is another compilation going to do to them?

4. Leonard the Genie

Leonard the Genie

Prices aren't the only thing getting slashed Member
    Even if this was real, can't Sega learn and release the compilations on handhelds? I'm pretty sure the PSP/DSi can handle Sonic Mega Collection's games, and maybe the three main games of Sonic Gems Collection.

5. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Does the DSi have a resolution increase over the original DS?

If not, that shit won't look pretty for the DSi.

6. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    Would be awesome if it had SA1 + 2. Would be even better if they made it so that it would run in 1080p so that the graphics don't look like churned shit when upscaled.

7. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    It would be awesome if they stopped making these compilations and instead made a new game with improvements in gameplay. :eng101:

8. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    The DSi screen does look bigger than the normal DS/DS Lite.

But it shouldn't be so much bigger.

9. Dr. Mustache

Dr. Mustache

Likes Sloths Member
    Jenesis DS can handle Sonic 1,2 and 3 well. But the screen is too small so you can either compress it down (which looks awful)
    Or play full resolution with the screen cropped to the middle.

So in theory, the DS can handle the Megadrive games no problem, but it just needs to be on a bigger screen to fit everything in

10. It's larger, but it doesn't have an increased resolution.

As it stands the DS doesn't have the screen size to emulate anything from the NES and onwards without having to crop the edges off or do some ugly scaling. Also the framerate in jEnesisDS isn't perfect, especially when playing Sonic 3

Yeah but all I'm saying is that Capcom have released/ported/given the licence to other people to port Street Fighter II to nearly every games console and handheld out there.

11. synchronizer

synchronizer

If it is real, I want it to include the games I don't own that I really would like.

Knuckles Chaotix (I actually played this on Kega Fusion when I still had a working Windows PC, and I enjoyed it very much. I want to play it again.)
    Sega Sonic Arcade (because I never tried it.)
    Sonic CD Jpn Version (because they never released it in America, even though I l aready have it after much searching.)
    Sonic Adventure 1, Dreamcast (because I don't like DX as much, and Sonic's model looks less like plastic.)
    Sonic Shuffle (I played it only a few times when I visited a friend who had a Dreamcast. I want it, since technically, this was my first Sonic game, even though it was a spin-off title.)
    Sonic Advance 1-3 (I don't have 1, which seems like the most classic-like Advance title, and playing 3 on a small screen or on gameboy player is not the greatest experience. I never liked 2.)

Knuckles Chaotix is want want to play most of all.

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    The channel doesn't list Sonic Mega Collection 3 anymore.

13. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    It wasn't even listed on the Japanese channel. Another reason not to believe this sucka no more. I say we should be done with this.

14. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Out of curiosity, has anyone checked the registered trademarks list to see of Sonic Mega Collection 3 has been registered yet? That would likely settle the real vs. fake debate once and for all.

15. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Not too much cramming there, the games aren't exactly that big.

You guys are forgetting one possibility for the penultimate games on the DS: they could draw new tiles that fit within the resolution of the DS and then have the emulator use those tiles instead of the ones in the ROM. Of course, this is SEGA we're talking about so the likelihood of this happening is less than 0, but it is nontheless a way they could do it.

16. Galaxia

Galaxia

Manchester, England
    degloving infants
    Well considering a Google search brings this page up alongside the YouTube channel where it was first found, I'd guess it's highly unlikely.

17. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    I'm the person for that, and I can tell you that I haven't found anything related to a Sonic Mega Collection 3 anywhere on uspto.gov or ipdl.inpit.go.jp.

18. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

From the comments section of TSSZ's article.

Also...

This is the internet. Someone could certainly go through the trouble of doing this; it's not that odd. Literally hundreds of people believe those channels are really official, and that's likely why that person created them. That doesn't necessarily mean that person's intentions are bad, but saying they're official when they're not is a bit off.

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    My point exactly. Willing to bet they haven't =P

20. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    It's not even that hard a fix with the sound issues -- it's just playing back at the wrong frequency. The sample rate of the YM2612 chip is 53267 Hz.
    I've noticed that when the SuperHQ mode on Fusion isn't set it sounds like how these emulators sound, and that setting makes sure that sample rate is set to that frequency. So that's my bet.

The music in the Sonic games certainly didn't use the SSG settings much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.