don't click here

16-bit super Sonic is bad ass

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ice Sonic

Ice Sonic

Ice Cap
    No, I am not working on any hack, fanart, or website.
    Now that's badass. I love it. :(

2. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
  3. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Not in Sonic 3 they weren't.

4. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member

As MuteKi said, in S3 when Sonic was normal he got black eyes, and when he transform to Super Sonic, his eyes changed to green... remember? Super Saiyans?

5. Cyberblade

Cyberblade

Can't catch me ya bastard! Member
    Ohio
    Sonic Shift
    As a kid I loved Supersonic. Hell, I was dorky enough to change my running to have my hands thrown back like Supersonic as a kid. ^^; They've never fully captured what made Supersonic awesome in 3d yet. Part of me thinks that's because he's become final boss only. I know it's a long ongoing debate, but hell what's the harm in making it optional to be able to play every level as an overpowered superfast character that can't die? I like a good challenge, but sometimes I just want to breeze through and laugh maniacally at everything that stands in my way. :P

Though I must say I do find myself play as Super/Hypersonic in the old games less and less as time goes on. I mostly play them through emulators due to my old Genesis acting up worse than a front loading NES, so I keep savestates for everything. In Sonic 3&K for example one state has all regular emeralds, another all of the super emeralds, and yet another has no emeralds at all yet a complete game for level select. Of course repeated for all the characters.

But I digress. Considering how awesome Supersonic was in Unleashed's opening, I can only hope that Sega uses that for a basis in the future, as it's the closest they've got yet to properly capturing what made Supersonic awesome in 3d.

6. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Ahhh Super Sonic. I've got Super Sonic shit.

[​IMG]
    It's a shame I didn't win that contest, but it's pretty lacking so whatever.

And then I did this a while back, but never finished it.
    [​IMG]

7. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    Unfortunately, even in the Genesis games, as Super Sonic no additional paths really open up for you (excluding Knuckles' paths from S3&K), so the whole thing just ends up breaking the game. I think to make Super Sonic a welcome addition to the regular gameplay of future 3D installments, there would need to be some special paths available only to Super Sonic which would be impossible to complete as regular Sonic. And of course, there would need to be rewards for completing the super hard sections.

8. Wetflame

Wetflame

:D Banned
    Dunno if it's been said but Fleetway Super was the coolest. In some ways more true to Goku's original Super Saiyajin transformation too, since Goku became much cooler. Sonic in Fleetway was already a dick, so it made sense for him to become a superdick.

<!--quoteo(post=281430:date=Feb 20 2009, 03:02 AM:name=Sonic Warrior TJ)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sonic Warrior TJ @ Feb 20 2009, 03:02 AM) [​IMG]
    It's a shame I didn't win that contest, but it's pretty lacking so whatever.

And then I did this a while back, but never finished it.
    [​IMG][/quote]

What's the Purple one, Kaoiken Sonic?

9. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    Goku's personality doesn't really change when he becomes SSJ outside of the original Freeza battle. I'd say Gohan had the bigger personallity change. Hell, during the fights with Cell and Buu, Goku became goofier at points.

Darkspine Sonic, from Sonic and the Secret Rings.

10. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Darkspine is the worse sonic spin off ever made by sega or furry fan.

11. Wetflame

Wetflame

That was after he became a "Full Power" Super Saiyajin though.

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Yeah, this always made sense to me even in an in-game context. In S2 & S3&K I used to move around as fast as possible, causing chaos. Always reminded me of Fleetway Super Sonic, especially when at the end of the level the Super ran out and Sonic reverted to normal and would be all like "bleh? How'd I get here? Oh well, POSE~"

13. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I'd like to see Sega bring super sonic up in a game BEFORE the end, and I don't mean in the intro :P

I'd also like to see super sonic be more then just the same personality of sonic but with the ability to fly and cause destruction, I was never keen in the evil supersonic in the comics but I never did read many of them, and I also treat the comics as a completely new universe.

14. Super Klonoa

Super Klonoa

'Cause Super Sonic and the Super Saiyans ain't eno Oldbie
    You forget Super Silver, whose quills also spike up like Sonic's. I think Shadow's doesn't change is because they're already spiky, albeit bent up... Much like Vegeta, really.

On-topic... Having seen Super Saiyan Goku first before, Super Sonic is the sole reason why I became a Sonic fan in the first place in 2000, almost nine years ago, and made me love golden yellow Super forms in general as well...though, the latter took some time to build up... *coughklonoain2008cough*

If I were to have a complaint about the franchise now, it would be the lack of Super Sonic in general, both storyline and gameplay-wise. And this is my only real complaint about the franchise, really; everything else I'm cool with.

To see leftover data of in-level Super Sonic in the previous games disheartens me every time...and I'm serously hoping that Unleashed won't be the same. =/

15. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Am I the only one who doesn't like Super Sonic?

Sonic has got 7 emeralds! Go rip-off Dragon Ball Z! Look! A giant robot! Let's get overpowered! KAHEMAHE-HA! Oh, new game! A giant Water monster! I explode cars! A giant... gecko monster with a space station up it's ass! Let's go Super with my friend Vegeta! I mean Shadow! Metal Sonic decided to stop being cool and turn sucky! Let's turn Super AND use the power of friendship! But hey, when there's an alien invasion, I won't even bother on TRANSFORMING! Neither when my friend the ancient robot that copies moves is about to destroy the world! ...

You probably understood my point already.

16. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery when it comes to the DBZ thing. Seriously, that is a post pulled from one's ass if I've ever seen it. Moreover, you're primarily bitching about modern super sonic. Which is sort of not 16-bit super sonic.

17. Wetflame

Wetflame

When has Super Sonic ever done a Kamehameha?

18. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    <!--quoteo(post=282697:date=Feb 23 2009, 12:58 PM:name=Wetflame)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wetflame @ Feb 23 2009, 12:58 PM) [​IMG]

That pose seems familiar.

19. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    [​IMG]

lol sonic.

(first tablet drawing of sonic in a long time)

20. You know something? I really miss being able to turn Super Sonic in regular gameplay. Jumping into the air and becoming a screaming yellow spikeball of death was fucking awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.