don't click here

Zone 02 : "Circus Zone"

Discussion in 'Project: Sonic Retro (Archive)' started by Retro_Stew, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Zenor

Zenor

flip the chessboard over Member
    Yeah, a monkey would work a lot better, specially for the actions Kamon did for this badnik. We just need a new design.

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    We want to see more examples and less talk, you guys. =P

Saying "just make a different design" doesn't help much.

3. Thundertimi

Thundertimi

Sonic Retro (Artwork team)
    Quickly made this.

[​IMG]

4. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
  5. Rokkan

Rokkan

6. Thundertimi: It's a decent start, but the transition from one color to another is rather harsh. Perhaps some more gradual steps could be used?
    And I'm with Rave on the reds and purples: Try playing with them a bit and see if you can come up with a nice sky.
    One other thing: Perhaps you could make that tent bigger? At first glance I thought it was just the top, but on closer inspection I see that that's all of it. Adding some smaller tents in the far background as well *might* be a good idea for you to toy around with; if you can't find a way to make it look good then feel free to not include them for now.

Ugh, definitely 3.
    99 times out of 100 edits of existing sprites either end up looking like crap or being too reminiscent of the original sprite.
    We have some talented people here as evidenced by the badniks designed in the other threads, surely we can make this one look good as well!

7. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    Here's a poorly-sprited mockup of a clown badnik I designed. [​IMG]
    It rolls back and forth and juggles spiked balls, which he throws at Sonic if Sonic gets too close. I think I made his head too big. And be careful not to make this level too similar to Sonic Rivals' Sky Park!

[​IMG]

8. Phoenix

Phoenix

Has really been far even as decided to use even go Member
  9. That's not exactly constructive now is it?

10. Phoenix

Phoenix

Has really been far even as decided to use even go Member
    1) I'll put it into more detail, then. There need to be slightly better colors, maybe blue for the midsection and a lighter purple for the head. The face should probably be a little grayer, too. I like the mines it's juggling, though. I'm guessing it'll throw the mines, then? How will Sonic be able to attack it? Maybe it could only be killed by the Insta-shield?

2) I forget, who are you mocking? I know it's someone, but I can't remember the name.

Now, about the level. Would there be a tent part? And if so, would it be a Launch Base type thing when you go into it? You know, you see the outside of the tent, you walk inside and it disappears.

11. Thundertimi

Thundertimi

Sonic Retro (Artwork team)
    [​IMG]

Made some level crap

12. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I don't entirely agree on that matter, but the dithering irks me quite a bit.

13. [​IMG]
    Badnik idea'r.
    This seal just minds his own business, balancing one of those red bouncers on his nose. Sonic can try to just over him but he'll just toss up the bouncer. When Sonic impacts the bouncer both are bounced away (the ball falls off screen). Now the seal has no ball and is sad. If Sonic tries to attack his head, he will be caught and balanced for a second before being tossed away.
    Maybe he could be used like those clams (Star Shell) in Carnival Night, as an enemy and a means of transportation.

14. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    So basically like the boss in Sonic 2 SMS? First Silver Sonic and now this... Not a horrid idea though, mind you.

15. LOL I had forgotten all about that! God, I was like "I know I've seen a seal" but then I only checked the badnik lists of the Genesis games and figured I was crazy.
    Yeah disregard the seal idea.

16. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
  17. synchronizer

synchronizer

I get this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /sprites/Sonic/tourtorails/BG_tut2.png on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

18. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Yes, because the guys at the mystical forest are faggots and don't like hotlinking
    When you get that error, just refresh the page, it should load fine. If it doesn't, imageshack'd.