don't click here

Favorite Sonic soundtrack?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ell678, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    aside from CD US (which I really didn't like), I don't think I could name a top ten.

2. Andeh

Andeh

Derp herp. Oldbie
    Sonic Adventure 1, 2, and Sonic Rush.

I fucking love Hideki Naganuma and Jun Senoue.

3. Anthall

Anthall

Spambot Member
    Leicester, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog - The Final Showdown
    Sonic 3D Blast's Rusty Ruin's music was the best. Honourable mensions go to Sonic 2's Metropolis zone and Sonic 1's Scrap Brain music.

4. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    My top 5 would be...

1. Sonic 1
    2. Sonic 2
    3. Sonic CD (Jap)
    4. Sonic Adventure
    5. Sonic 3D

Sonic 1 and 2 are at the top, because quite frankly hearing the music from those two games gives me such an emotional charge it's hard to explain. I think the easiest answer would be that they were the first two I played, but really it's more than that. The music and the experience of playing these games was fused together so flawlessly that you'd swear that the music was almost an extension of Sonics personality. Not to mention, the music was just so damn memorable! Whenever I see my mother, she still sometimes hums the Sonic 2 Boss music. What I feel when playing Sonic 1 and 2 and hearing the music is so surreal, it's like being stuck in a time warp and being 7/8 years old again. I don't have to worry about maintenance on my car, business, finance or horrible nasty girls. I'm just a kid, and all I care about is getting the emeralds and spin-attacking the fuck out of Robotnik!

That feel good factor I never get when I play Sonic 3 and Knuckles for some reason (although it does have by far my favourite boss theme of them all). The cool, clean sounds that brought a smile to my face in 1 and 2 just aren't here. The Sonic personality is gone, and aside from the boss theme pretty much all of the tunes I find are instantly forgettable. Another reason I don't like the music is because it sounds like a weird fusion of wannabe gangster rap and James Bond music. That's why this isn't on my list.

Sonic CD (Jap) - The Sonic personality is most definitely here... on crack! I played this game after 3/K, and when those opening beats of Palmtree Panic kicked in I smiled and immediately thought "yeah, we're gonna get along just fine!". Easily the sweetest sounding soundtrack of them all... and is held from the top for nostalgia reasons.

Sonic Adventure - Very cool, very cool sounding music here! In fact I'm listening to Twinkle Park right now. Lost World and Sky Deck are fucktastic pieces of work!

Sonic 3D - Shite game, but a great 16 bit swan song as previously mentioned.

5. Shade

Shade

<!--quoteo(post=216485:date=Aug 14 2008, 02:47 PM:name=Phoebius)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Phoebius @ Aug 14 2008, 02:47 PM) [​IMG]

6. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Somewhere between Chaotix and Sonic 3D Blast.

I was particularly fond of Sonic the Fighters and the 2006 Sonic the Hedgehog too.

How were the remixes in Sonic Genesis? I never bothered unlocking them.

7. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    They weren't really remixes as much as they were severe downgrades with poorly MIDI rendered instruments. :v:

As for how they were... well, horrible. Everything about the game was horrible, really.

8. Xkeeper

Xkeeper

lgkdfvlbjepasvdjzcvpaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Researcher
    the bone zone
    current-project-fart
    I played though it 100%. Trust me on this, it's as bad as he's saying. :)

9. HarroSIN

HarroSIN

Dobis P.R. Oldbie
    New York
    rm -rf /
    I really enjoyed the vocal tracks for Sonic Adventure 1/2; Sega did a really good job with those. Although, I do like the Japanese release of the Sonic CD soundtrack because of it's odd and catchy vocals. The second act of Green Grove from Sonic 3D Blast (Sega Saturn/PC version) is also a really great composition with the piano lead.

10. synchronizer

synchronizer

I love the japanese Sonic Cd soundtrack- it's funky tunes always appealed to me in some way or another. I also like Diamond Dust zone's megadrive/genesis music. (Both Acts.) Sonic 2's soundtrack also is quite marvelous, especially the Chemical Plant and Metropolis themes. There are way too many good Sonic songs for me to list here. :(

11. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    I'm gonna say my most preferred soundtrack to a Sonic game is probably Sonic Rush. I enjoy every tune and put the music to full blast to appreciate it's awesomeness. Sonic CD PAL is a close second and I enjoy most of the bad futures more than the other variations.

12. BiafraRepublic

BiafraRepublic

SSR DJ, longtime TSS staffer, and all-around nice/ Oldbie
    Unincorporated Galveston County, TX, USA
    A/V Hijack: Mondays 6-8PM GMT/BST on SSR - http://j.mp/ssrsite
    Hands down, Sonic 3 and Knuckles (Gen/MD). I find myself playing that game way too often when I want to relax, except when the Act 2 boss contraption decides to come up and rear its ugly head. Then I rip into it.

13. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    1 - Sonic 3D Blast (MD/Gen) [Honorable mention: Volcano Valley Act 2 and Diamond Dust Act 1..... Damn You Chronicles, how could you ruin this music!!!]

2 - Sonic CD (Pal/Jap) [Honorable mention: Wacky Workbench Past; and the invincibility music from the 510 beta]

3 - Chaotix [Honorable mention: Door Into Summer and Just Another Day]

4 - Sonic 3K [Honorable mention: Flying Battery Zone Act 1 and Marble Garden Zone Act 1]

5 - Sonic Adventure [Honorable mention: Icecap, Windy Valley]

14. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Sonic Triple Trouble.<br><h6>And my hack <.<</h6>

15. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    I loved the music from Sonic 3 & Knuckles, there's plenty of songs I like but I'll leave it like that, they're cool, sweet & catchy!

16. Epic bump is epic.

Listening to Sky Deck right now, because Adventure's music is the shit.

17. Chaosdynasty

Chaosdynasty

The Elite Master of Nothingness. Member
    I'd have to say SA1, a few from SA2, Sonic 3, and sonic 2. In that order.

I know remixs don't count much here, but I like both Project Chaos, and Hedgehog Heaven.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    You deserve a medal for beating that game 100%

Anyways it's either Sonic 3 or Sonic CD (japan). I liked most of the classic soundtracks really. Sonic Adventure's was alright. Sonic Unleashed's soundtrack is shaping up to be pretty nice however.

EDIT: S3&K gets rid of the awesome Sonic 3 boss music which fails.

19. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    1. Sonic CD US/JP

2. Sonic 2k6

3. Sonic Unleashed so far.

20. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Sonic 1-2 are stuck in my head more then anything, 3 has an awesome soundtrack but it's the one sonic game along with s&k I never owned untill now (from ebay buying) so the original 2 games are my most fave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.