don't click here

[SMW hack] Sonic and Silver: The Chaos Race {SS]

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Delmaru, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delmaru

Delmaru

Sonic and Silver: The Chaos Race [SMW hack]
    Yeah, let me see what my partners think.

I'm not using that BG. I have small Sonic and Silver too, I'll post a pic later.

Myeah, I can, but I stated above about that.

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    This reminds me of another mod I've just found a few minutes ago... link and link

By the way, Mario and Sonic Luigi had different sprite sets in the Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World ROM, you might want to find a standalone version of that.

EDIT: ACK MARIO AND SONIC

3. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    He's trying to use music patch hacks so I don't think he's gonna want to use the SM Allstars version. Besides, theres a patch to give Mario and luigi seperate graphics, but he said he can't use that either because it will conflict with music patches.

4. Zenor

Zenor

flip the chessboard over Member
    Oops

Also yes, there's a patch at MSWC.. Though you'd have to do all the work again, I think.

5. Delmaru

Delmaru

Yes, I've played that one. I know the creator of that hack too, FPI. I have no idea about finding a standalone version of the SMAS SMW

Yeah, most of the tools are incompatible with SMAS +SMW.
    Like I said, it conflicts with the data for addmusic. I'm sorry.

More screenshots soon hopefully.

6. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    You mentioned in chat someone is working on a traingle block that will make you run upside down. Does this also include running down walls? So you can actually run a complete loop?

7. Delmaru

Delmaru

Actually, I have no idea about the other way. I just know that someone was working on it.

8. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    They hate him, just because he's a character that was introduced into the series after Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and people will try to dig up just about ANY excuse to justify that.

Anyway, about the hack, I thinking it's looking good. What tools did you use to edit the sprites, backgrounds, and all that?

9. Delmaru

Delmaru

Actually, just a few simple tools for that. To edit the graphics, I used YY-CHR. I didn't persay, but my friend who made them did. I did make "SILVER" for the status bar though. For custom music, I used Addmusic. For custom blocks, I will use blocktool super deluxe. And for sprites, I will use *Gasp* spritetool. The rest is made in Lunar Magic itself.

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Actually, I dunno about anyone else, but the only real problem I have with Silver (aside from his un-Sonic like gameplay, but that's not a huge issue as there was Sonic in the game for that) was the utter genericness of the name. Shadow at least had a BIT of imagination, but SILVER? "Yeah, he's sort of a silvery colour guys, what should we call him?"

*sighs*

At least he wasn't as bad as Marine STREWTH BLIMEY MATE ME OLD SHIELA THROW ANOTHER SHRIMP ON THE BARBIE WHILE WE HAVE SOME TINNIES the Raccoon. =P

11. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER Member
    Germany
    Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
    I liked Silver a bit when I started playing S06, purely because of the novelty of his gameplay. But now that I have the game for a while, said gameplay feels just slow, boring, repetitive and generally unwelcome. The character of Silver is pretty bad too, the only two things I can like about him are his fucking awesome theme song andhI somewhat like his design, how his spines glow and move when the uses his psychic stuff. Kinda cute.
    Still, either you have to make a unique sprite for him assuming there is a way to do that, or replace him with Shadow. Recolouring Sonic and saying "That's Silver!" is quite lame.

That Star Light Zone stage looks great though.

12. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    [​IMG]

You might wish to aim for something like that. I made a point of keeping him the same height as Sonic, and mostly the same width. I'd also suggest making the green on the shoes a little more teal if possible.

13. Delmaru

Delmaru

14. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    That's pretty awesome-looking. As for the water, I don't know what you think is so crappy about it. That is, unless you're referring to the puddle that Sonic's in, in the first two screenshots.

15. Delmaru

Delmaru

<!--quoteo(post=197417:date=May 26 2008, 06:01 PM:name=Mystical Ninja)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mystical Ninja @ May 26 2008, 06:01 PM) [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Still looks pretty fantastic. I hope it's fun.

17. Delmaru

Delmaru

It's not dead, just slow progress. More soon.

18. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Y'know, that stray pupil has been bothering me. It looks like Sonic's constantly staring at the player... shouldn't he be looking, y'know, forward?

19. Delmaru

Delmaru

Yes, my friend who made it is going to fix it. Sorta looks like Weegee doesn't it?

20. Just a small question, why would you want to shove a bad ass speed runner such as sonic into a fucking Italian old mushiest freak Mario's game? ...Just a small question...I never liked Mario, I mean what is he, carpenter, plummer, doctor? <_< I just like him in SSB series and that's it...the rest I'm not a fan of.

Edit: Nintendo started out as a card company... and Mario was usually called 'Jumper Man' ...like...honestly? >_>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.