don't click here

Sonic 1 Megamix

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    I think Stage 2 is from Advance (one of them) too, actually...

2. Upthorn

Upthorn

TAS Tech Member
  3. Robjoe

Robjoe

Nice work there, Stephen. Kinda puts me in the mind of Sonic CD, which also had stage specific BG's. The only real nitpick I have with them is that you used a space one on stage 2 (from True Area 53 in SAdv2, I wonder?). Maybe it's just me, but the whole outer space thing seems like a final level deal. I personally think it'd be cooler on stage 6. Still though, good job!

I'd also agree with the other about stage 3, but by now the point's been established.

4. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Sweet work Stephen :) albeit be not a 'special' stage anymore, lol

For the "Suggestions would be nice for Shadow's ability (make it sensible :P)" Tweaker asked for:

Is there a way of 'transporting' a character to the nearest ledge [Making Shadow's ability Chaos Control, which could take up about 50 rings each time], possibly including through solid 'rock'? You might have to put some kind of boundary box around certain areas so it's not too easy.

Can't wait for Sonic 2 Megamix :D

5. ddrmaxromance

ddrmaxromance

As always, your work astounds me. The special stage is usually forgotten in terms of new art in many of Sonic 1 hacks I've seen, and now, the background has been enhanced. All I can say is I'm impressed. :)

6. Arcane

Arcane

Chaos Controller Member
    I like Sonic 1 Megamix (for me, this hack is best :worship: )
    I can't wait for Sonic 3 and Knuckles, because for me is this best sonic game :P

7. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Testing YOUR Hacks Since 2005... Member
    Emerald Hill Zone
    Looking for a Rom Hack to Test.
    You will have to wait a while for Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Hacking that game has proved very difficult. Them backgrounds are fantastic Stephen, I take it you are still helping out with Megamix then? :) its also good to see Megamix is evolving and changing. I completed V3.0 the other night on a PSP and its great!!!

8. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    For the record, there already IS a sonic 2 megamix and s3k megamix, though its quality doesn't come anywhere close to the quality of S1MM.

Links (straight from the 4th hacking contest thread):

http://www.fileden.com/files/15774/Sonic%202%20Megamix.bin
    http://www.fileden.com/files/15774/S3K%20Megamix.bin

9. CloverCC

CloverCC

Yeah, it's true. Though, there is one thing that caught my eye in S3K Megamix, which was Sandopolis act 1's colors. I don't know why, But I absolutely love it. Certainly, it's among one of the most original coloring schemes I've seen. Also, I was greatly let down by the lack of a Sonic 3 Final Boss remix. ..Anyways, like Puto said, it doesn't come anywhere near what Sonic 1 megamix has become.. But still, S2/S3k Megamix both do have their moments.

10. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Hacking S3 to the same extent as S1 megamix will be a lot harder to do as it's much more complex and the rom is chucked full already.

11. Arcane

Arcane

Chaos Controller Member
    Wow, I didnt know that those hacks of S2M and S3aKM was already released, I must test them now. Btw. I think that space background for Special stage for S1M is best, u can see everything, but special stage 3 is chaotic and bad for orientation. If I can help u with anything about S1M, tell me. I can help with betatest, sometimes with making of graphic. I have a bit of experience with making new levels in my project of sonic 2, but there were a lot of bugs like u can go trough wall. and when I wanted to place any object, it has a picture of question mark and I never know what object was that :P So if u need some help, u can contact me on icq 253-530-058
    Sorry for my bad english :P
    Edit: I played SaK3M and I think that its not bad, jsut make new levels and it will be perfect. I think that Hydrocity should not have gray scale of colours. it should be more coloured, but I think its good. I know how hard is to make nnew hack of S3aK. It is full of background changing, scenese, spcial animations etc. But there is something strange :) I mean that music. I think that I have already heard it in the other game. especialy MGZ and HZ :P those songs are nice :) from where is that music?

12. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    They're from Sonic 3D.

13. FSX

FSX

I do not think there should be a Sonic 2 Megamix per se. I think it should be more like Sonic Megamix 2. A massive overhaul of Sonic 1 Megamix, like what was done with Sonic 2 itself. This might be too much to ask, but it would be cool.

14. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    What? Then there wouldn't be any megamixing at all, it'll just be a megamix of a megamix.

15. Upthorn

Upthorn

TAS Tech Member
    I'd just like to point out that we're already on Sonic Megamix 3. And there is a 4 planned.

16. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Knucle is best in Sonci Megamix 4

17. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    By Megamix 4, We're expecting to have the entire cast in as playable characters as well as the entire Street Fighter II cast. It will no longer be on the SEGA Genesis, but on the much more powerful SEGA Master System.

18. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
  19. DNX

DNX

... Eh. Member
    So, you've got Tails in. His Tails Slash is very impressive, and it seems you added his super form as well. I really like the signpost at the end as well. Excellent work.

Edit: His "Tails" text at the end is good as well.

20. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Lol, the comments say Chimpo PHAILS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.