don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. CharlaChale

CharlaChale

Little Dolly Member
    Now it's an alien invasion movie.

2. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    The trio fighting Shadow on a motorcycle in New York? Hmmmm... does anybody else get Shadow The Hedgehog intro vibes from this!

Heck, Jeff Fowler even worked on the intro back in 2005!

3. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    Here's a full description of the trailer. So nothing on Shadow's voice yet.
    20240411_160030.jpg

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Interesting they intentionally keep Shadow speechless. I'm kinda wondering if they're actually going to reveal it in Knuckles as a tie in at the end of the series, although that seems like it's just a little bit too soon and out of place, and it's possible they kept it out because they don't even know either lol

5. Kilo

Kilo

Canada
  6. I really want to see that footage!

7. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    The first movie was shown off at CinemaCon 2019 (April 1-4), and the infamous Gangsta's Paradise trailer was released online on April 30th. At the time the movie's release date was set for early November. I figure with Sonic 3 having a near-Christmas release date, it could be even be May or June before we see anything. If something gets officially released online soon, awesome, but I'm not expecting it.

8. CharlaChale

CharlaChale

Little Dolly Member
    I suppose June would be fitting, as it's Sonic and Shadow's birthday month, but that isn't to say Paramount is taking that fact into account when pinpointing a release date.

9. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
  10. Kilo

Kilo

Canada
    Some other claims I saw on Twitter from those that saw the trailer
    • Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles' fur seems to be brighter or more saturated compared to Sonic 2.
    • Shadow's model seems to be unchanged from Sonic 2's post credit scene for what little was seen in 2 and 3's trailer.
    Also, that shot of Shadow jumping of his motorcycle to jump at Sonic who's also in the air sounds like a movie recreation of this
    0.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. CharlaChale

CharlaChale

Little Dolly Member
    Oh well, good news and bad news, then. Granted it was only a glimpse, but I don't really like how Shadow looked there.

12. Wildcat

Wildcat

Maybe unpopular opinion but I really like when enemies team up and have to work together.

Shadow is not gonna be a full blown villain. I think they’re doing something else like the Hero and Dark sides working together to collect the emeralds in SA2 last stage.

I’m sure they know who’s voicing Shadow. They obviously kept fat Robotnik a secret. There’s been no leaks except some street photos from before.

13. Turbohog

Turbohog

If there is no space colony ark in this movie I riot

14. Kilo

Kilo

Canada
    It's also worth keeping in mind that the CG's probably still in a decently early stage. So it's not impossible that they can still update the model.

15. CharlaChale

CharlaChale

Little Dolly Member
    How long does CG animation take for a movie like this? Judging from that comment it's shorter than I had thought.

16. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    They could be working on stuff all the way until release (I think Sonic 2 was actually updated in theaters early on to add more effects near the end). I'm not going to go digging up dates for every little thing, but from what I recall:
    --Sonic 1 was filmed fall of 2018. When the first trailer had dropped in Spring of 2019, they'd already shown a rough cut of the movie to test audiences, with a basic Sonic model (which we'd see later in some deleted scenes) and the only "finished" shots pre-redesign were the ones in the first trailer. We didn't see the new redesign until November, and the movie was pushed until February 2020.
    --Sonic 2 was filmed late spring/early summer of 2021, and the first trailer dropped in December of that year, before the movie came out in April 2022. I imagine certain things didn't take as long since they had some groundwork already laid down, but the movie had a lot more effects overall.

This film's schedule is sort of lining up with the first movie, not that it should be the exact measuring stick to compare with (they filmed without live actors last fall, and filmed the actors this past winter after the strikes ended; they might have been able to get a head start on some of the CGI). We'll probably get a full on trailer in a couple months, and then start seeing clips and TV spots come November.

Oh, and @Turbohog
    A few months back there was a leaked storyboard/animatic where Shadow and Robotnik are on the ARK (not sure if it's still online), though that doesn't necessarily mean it's in the final film. Got my fingers' crossed anyway.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  17. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

Do not put any stock into claims like this. People also thought Tails changed color between S1 and S2 and that somehow the model for Sonic changed every movie.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Let me address something real quick. From what I've read, we only see Shadow riding a motorcycle, rather than showcasing his skating skills. If this remains true, then cool! Because that means they gonna save the best for later. Air shoes > motorcycle

You think he's just Sonic on a motorcycle? Wrong!

Very promising stuff so far. I like it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  19. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
  20. Kilo

Kilo

Canada
    Apparently according to some guy who's reliable (Never heard of him before) Shadow isn't voiced by Hayden Christensen, but still someone who would make fans happy.
    My only guesses are either the 2 other fan casts of Keanu Reeves and Robert Pattinson, or the game VAs of Kirk Thorton or David Humphrey.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List