don't click here

Fearless Year of Shadow Campaign

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Kilo, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Shadow is my second favorite character in the series so I'm hyped for the Fearless Year of Edgy the Hedgy! I like the new Shadow render, always cool to see him smirk since they rarely give him a smirk.
    I want that damn motorcycle! I don't even know how to ride a motorcycle but if I had that I would learn just so I could ride it every once in a while.

2. TheCleanerDragon

TheCleanerDragon

Squad Leader Member
    The year of friends is over! The time for motorcycles, guns, and dead children has begun!
    Shadow bike 33.png

3. CharlaChale

CharlaChale

Little Dolly Member
    I've always thought Shadow looked darned gorgeous in that render right there. His spines are so sleek! I like that guy, you know.

4. At this point, the Sonic 3 trailer is going to be a historical event. Posting a small teaser on internet already did a good noise, imagine the trailer of the movie itself then?

5. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    I'm not sure I actually get what is this campaign about.

6. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    It's just to market products that feature Shadow. There's some nice fancy graphics n' stuff and it gets fans talking about the franchise.

7. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    if they're leaning into the 2005 vibes this hard, i think they should give shadow another gun. dual-wielding is cool as shit, just look at roxas
    (i want it to be crystal clear that i am being completely sincere here; fuck ironyposting, we don't do that shit in 2024)

8. Turbohog

Turbohog

I want another music video like the "Tripod Baby" one used to promote Shadow back in 2005.

Honestly disturbed I remember that so well.

9. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    It's a damn good song.

10. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    Shadow with a gun was cool, and Sonic with a sword was cool. It always has been and more people need to realize that. No more "uhm but remember when Sonic kissed a human" we're blasting Magna-Fi and Zebrahead on the aux!!!

11. kazz

kazz

16-bait Member
    Shadow with a gun was weird since he was already established as a superhumanly strong fighter who can teleport and shoot magic spears. He can get just as much accomplished without the dinky glock. Waggle sword is even worse since Sonic's hair can already cut through metal. Not that weapon gimmicks can't be fun anyway, or that they're completely unfun in SHtH even, I just hope Shadow Generations gets the SA2 fundamentals right before they bother with all that Heroes/ShTH/06 combat gimmickry again.

12. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Shadow with a gun felt too tryhard, but it was better than having Sonic with guns. That was the reason they gave them to Shadow, because they wanted in on the contemporary "platformers with guns" trend but knew it would have been too out of character for Sonic. Ironic then that people mocked Sega in the following years for supposedly giving Sonic guns.

Sonic with a sword was fine because a) SATBK was all about inserting Sonic into an un-Sonic-ish environment and story, and b) the writers were fully aware of the absurdity of the concept and had fun with it. We didn't get Sonic wielding the Sacred Sword of Acorns (and Goodness) to purify the minds of his corrupted friends and heal the King of Acorn. We got Sonic trading snark with his deadpan talking sword and poking fun at how melodramatic everyone he ran into was. Which of course didn't stop people from ironically taking the whole thing seriously so that they could complain about Sega giving Sonic a sword.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2024
  13. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Sega should make Shadow Sonic's version of the Noise from Pizza Tower.

That is all.

14. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    This campaign is very confusing. What does it actually want to be? A Fast Friends sequel or The Year of Shadow? I feel like you can't have both because people only expect the other out of it.

15. BenoitRen

BenoitRen

Tech Member
    Not so fast!

List of mainline games after Sonic Adventure 2:
    • Sonic Heroes
    • Shadow the Hedgehog
    • Sonic 06
    • Sonic Unleashed
    • Sonic the Hedgehog 4
    • Sonic Colors
    • Sonic Generations
    • Sonic Lost World
    • Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric
    • Sonic Forces
    • Sonic Frontiers
    List of mainline games after Sonic Adventure 2 without Shadow:
    • Sonic Unleashed
    • Sonic the Hedgehog 4
    • Sonic Colors
    • Sonic Lost World
    • Sonic Frontiers
    5 out of 11 mainline games (45%) didn't have Shadow. That hardly counts as "most". :)

16. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

I just don't get what these "Seasons" actually do?

It feels like somebody is playing Pokemon go and looking at how they do their "seasons" and then tie in the gameplay to it.

But with the last 2 seasons of Sonic.. its... not really done anything?

17. aria

aria

growl from the digital haze Member
    i saw soned2 supports chaotix five minutes ago
    shadow with the halo 2 dual smgs in fortnite
    (i am also serious i think the halo 2 dual smgs rule)

18. Jaxer

Jaxer

To be honest, I just find it downright offensive how this year marks the 30th anniversary of an actually beloved and timeless character, yet he's getting completely shafted for the sake of hyper-corporate Hollywood synchronicity.

19. John Chrysler

John Chrysler

I guess you could say that he got overshadowed.

20. Knuckles is literally getting a show that airs in two weeks that's been all over the advertising and Knuckles himself upstaged Tails during his own anniversary back in 2022.

Like come on now