don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

You should be able to use GIMP for .psd files.

2. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I had some time so I converted all the screenshots, logos, and artwork to PNG, and rid the high res character art of the white backgrounds. Does this help any? https://www.mediafire.com/file/io5catb5a9k2y1w/SA2+10th+Spanish.zip/file

3. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    (the idea is to put things on the wiki to save me a job ;))

4. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Sorry, I want to help with that but don't really know where to start. I'm going to message you. Someone can trash this.
    Edit: (They're all uploaded so at the very least they're mirrored on the wiki, I'm just not sure if I did everything right)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
  5. Rlan

Rlan

Oldbie
  6. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    This art looks fantastic, and having a high resolution depiction of Mecha Sonic before Scrapnik is really cool! Glad these were found.

7. BenoitRen

BenoitRen

Tech Member
    While the setting is clearly the Mega Drive games, the art style is that of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. How odd.

8. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    I decided to stitch together the Death Egg Robot stickers together because I thought it'd look cool and uhhh. It's face is certainly a design choice.
    upload_2024-2-28_16-20-58.png

9. Well, it is based on the style guide.

10. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    So the book itself isn't scanned then?

11. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

On the very day Sonic 3 was first released, someone posted this in rec.games.video.sega:
    As you can see it references Sonic & Knuckles (then known as "Sonic 3 Part 2"), the Lock On technology, and even Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Limited Edition.

How could they have known that back then? Were there really press releases about S&K and S3LE that early that somehow flew under the radar? Or was the poster a stealth leaker?

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  12. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    My memory could be hazy but I have a vague recollection of reading about the two parts of Sonic 3 way back when in the old UK EMAP Magazines publications, Mean Machines SEGA and The Official SEGA Magazine. Could've been one, or the other, or me having a senior moment.

13. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Here's an oddity I've noticed watching Sonic Underground on the Sonic Roku channel, the episode "A Hedgehog's Home is Her Castle" ended with two tags, one an older Dic logo, and the other a Buena Vista logo, when usually digital rereleases end with Les Studios Tex, TFI, and Cookie Jar.

But it seems like I can't find anything about Buena Vista ever touching Underground.SSi that's weird.

14. Mookey

Mookey

Sonic Underground did air on Disney XD (a cable channel) for a period back in the early 2010s (I know because I watched the whole series there). Maybe the Buena Vista tag is related to that? Not sure why it would be that branch of Disney they're tagging but it's a connection.

15. mister_jay

mister_jay

UK
    Didn't think this post warranted a place in the 'This song sounds like X' thread...

Anyone think the basis of the drums used in Mystic Ruins here is based off Knuckles' theme in Sonic 3?

It only really occurred to me the other day playing through Sonic 3 that they sound familiar and I guess the Mystic Ruins music is themed around the Echidna tribe too.

16. sayonararobocop

sayonararobocop

Perhaps with Sonic 3 skipping a JP release initially this information was shared with the eastern media somehow?

17. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. Brainulator

Brainulator

Regular garden-variety member Member
    I think it's just a common drumbeat.

19. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    it's not just a common drumbeat, it's taken from a sample CD IIRC. this is very likely why Mystic Ruins Past, which is just this drumbeat, isn't on the OST release, because you're not allowed to just re-release a sample like that on your own product.

20. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Fun fact, the "music" for the Mystic Ruins Past... isn't. It's just a looping sound effect playing in the background.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List