don't click here

Sonic Superstars: A New 2D Sonic Game (Fall 2023)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by DefinitiveDubs, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Snatcher42

Snatcher42

It's live, and first thing I noticed on Steam is ALL DLCs are available for separate download or purchase. The comic skins are free. Modern Amy, if you miss it from the newsletter, is $1.49, etc.

2. Kiyana

Kiyana

It's 12:10am here October 17 and I can now play Sonic Superstars (Unlocked at 12am). But I'm bout to go to sleep will play sometime later on once I get up but good night everyone and have fun playing Superstars.

3. LF222

LF222

So when's the amy skin supposed to be sent? just picked the game up and have yet to get an email about it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

Excuse me?
    [​IMG]
    I guess I'm refunding this immediately. Not cool, SEGA.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Is that on Steam? No fuckin way.

6. RikohZX

RikohZX

Way better a deal in working through all of these things than either needing an upgrade package to Deluxe or "you bought this version of the game and you will never see any of that content". Though amusingly only LEGO Eggman and Modern Amy have prices.

7. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Yep.

I think the email is required to play it too.

And there still might be Denuvo, but no one has confirmed it yet. GameAssembly.dll is 400MB. Unity games do not put denuvo in the exe...

So... there could be 1 DRM...

Or double DRM!?

Edit: I can skip the Epic email login part for single player at least... Just close the x in the corner.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2023
  8. Kiyana

Kiyana

According to the email I got their going to send it after the game launches so sometime today since I myself don't see my code either.

9. I'm putzing around on the first stage on the Xbox version. It's fun. Something about the spindash and possibly the weight of Sonic feel a tad off but the physics feel close enough to what I want a 2D sonic to feel like. The meat is there

10. Kiyana

Kiyana

I hope they add the comic skins to Xbox too because I'd like to get them but I do see the Sonic Lego skin for free so I'm downloading now. I think I'm going to play as Rabbit on the first level.

11. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Hot damn! That comic cel shaded DLC filter looks really damn good...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • List
  12. RibShark

RibShark

Sadly, it seems like it has Denuvo:
    [​IMG]

13. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

Good catch, thank you. It looks like the online requires it, which isn't as bad, though having to dismiss the popup every time still isn't great. If nothing else I think I'll refund the Deluxe Edition and maybe grab the normal one instead.

I'm curious what that "no username or emailed required" bit means, but I'm not giving Epic the time of day yet. :colbert:

14. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    The Comic Book DLC being listed at all was a total mistake, apparently. Anyone who claimed it can keep it but it's completely gone now.

It looks like it would actually be cheaper to buy the base game and then buy the Digital Upgrade pack which is only $$15 compared to the difference of $20 between base and deluxe editions.

15. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    From the initial reports I'm seeing. The type of Denuvo in this will be... in their own terms "minimally invasive".

No rootkits. No threat to hardware. Rare online checks. A simple 5PC Activations limit per 24 hours type is being referenced. No sign of performance issues. Not likely to impact mods much, if at all. And probably one of the more hackable versions for cracking too, I'd guess. Also, no Denuvo-Anti Cheat version either, which also means bare minimum implementation.

Having 2 DRMs with 0 warnings in STEAM on the store front... well... not good at all.

But if you're truly worried about things like bad performance or borked hardware, don't be. None of those will be a danger with this version.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Lmao. Timmy Tencent strikes again. Guess I'm skipping this game entirely. The EGS requirement is most likely due to using Epic's Cross-Play tools, but I don't care. I'll just buy it on console when it's on sale. Mario gets my money, SEGA can piss off.

17. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Glad I didn't pre order because fuck this, I can stomach denuvo but come on. There's nothing I can't stand more than buying a game on one platform and being forced to sign into another platform anyway.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Just finished Pinball Carnival, and am having a GREAT time. Already found kind of a funny bug though. I was leaving the Carnival Fruit stage to go back to the map, and it dropped me on a platform under Zone 11. I jumped down from the platform, fell through the rest of the ground, and had to reload. No progress lost or anything, it was just kind of weird/funny.

19. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Launch trailer:

20. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I can't believe I let anyone convince me for even a moment that this wouldn't be a really fun game. Finished off Lagoon City, and it's pretty great.

Trying to open the Epic store to launch is scummy though, even if you can ignore it. Fuck off with that nonsense, SEGA.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List