don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I've only heard Sylvania Castle Act 1 and White Park Act 1, and I really like what I'm hearing thus far. They seemed upbeat and catchy, like classic Sonic should. The instruments weren't perfect Genesis remasters but they fit the songs nicely and I have few complaints, they reminded me of songs from Kirby's Return to Dreamland, which sampled a few instruments from the classic games but overall used new ones. I'm happy with the music so far, I hope it stays quality throughout.

2. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Ok, just listened to most of the tracks. Goddamn, this music is badass! I can't wait to see those cutscenes in action! I can't think of a way to make these tracks better since they sound like an enhanced version of Genesis intruments as it is! I'm excited and can't wait to get it and find out what the heck is happening with this storyline....especially with the significance of Lost Labyrinth.

I'm only disapointed with the special stage music. It rather bland :/

3. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    I think it would be awesome if they at least gave Tails invincibility as long as Sonic was super, as a nod to the teleport monitor debug glitch in Sonic 2. I doubt SEGA will do it though...

4. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Something about one particular track:

That Stardust Speedway BF remix has a really nice feel to it. It has a distinctly disco italo sound, which fits Metal Sonic rather well (to the point I further argue that SSZ BF should be Metal Sonic de facto main theme song) and really sets itself apart as nowhere near one of Jun's very odd compositions. It's a shame they didn't allow Naofumi Hataya more power in these games.

On an unrelated note, listening to Sylvania Castle 2, I am hoping to death someone makes a Russian-esque remix of this. It's yearning for it.

5. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    And here. We. Go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va2oZcmVQ94

6. Falk

Falk

Sweet. :V

Thinking a Generations Classic-style replacement project might be a cool thing to pursue. Act 1 a straight-out Generations rendition of some original 16-bit 1/2/3&K track, Act 2 interspersed with -some- elements from the actual S4E2 music, Act 3 whatever, slightly rearranged/reharmonized like ^

7. Candescence

Candescence

Sydney, Australia
    3D Indie Stuff
    An excellent demonstration of why the instruments in Sonic 4 are shit, too. Seriously, that rendition of that song is terrible.

8. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Haha, that's not Sonic 4's music, that's a remix by one of our own administrators (and another former administrator), made for the YM2612. :v

9. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNiJOtWJcsU

10. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Polygon Jim's isn't that much of a spoiler and you should all watch it for it is great.

Also this (special stage spoilers but I mean, really, it's just a special stage):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HSS4wNwf6g

Please read the description, I worked very hard on it.

11. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    THEY EVEN PUT BOOSTERS IN THE FUCKING SPECIAL STAGE!

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN?!?!

12. Nova

Nova

They seem to carry you for long enough that they make the special stage look insanely easy, too.

13. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Really, guys? You're going to complain about boosters in the Special Stages?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oAKwGJ0ibI

While not as exaggerated a boost, let's just nip that complaint in the bud right now. It's nothing new.

14. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Just wait until Episode 3, where instead of Blue Sphere's getting faster, the number of boosters on screen increases.

Edit: Well I've never played 3D Saturn, but I still can't get over the fact that they feel they NEED boosters in a Sonic game, even going as far as to include them in the special stage. It's like they think it's an iconic part of the series, like rings or Chaos Emeralds.

15. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Boosters in the Special Stage is from Sonic Rush (the Special Stage in general seems to take more from Rush than Sonic 2, to be honest), and is sort of a curse in disguise tbh, as for the duration of the boost you lose control of Sonic.

16. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-vIP3xj860

HUR HUR HUR HUR

17. Falk

Falk

Are you guys serious? It takes at least takes a bit of effort to hit the booster; it's not even close to being in the same ballpark as generic DIMPS autobumpercavern. Heck, you could replace each booster with a bunch of (10) rings and it'd be functionally identical, but no the fact that it's a booster is going to have half you neckbeards up in arms with the pitchforks.

edit: multiple-postsniped.

18. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    It's not a matter of hating everything booster shaped, it's that you have to question the design philosophy of a team that thinks that the boosters are so important and integral to the Sonic franchise that they feel they have to put them in every level. Including the special stage.

It was more of a frustration of "Why do you throw boosters at everything we don't need them how do you not get this?". I think the boosters in the special stage look fine, but it would be nice to see at least one level not use them these days. I'd think it would be great if the boosters were a neat gimmick in the special stages but were left out of the normal acts.

19. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Dammit Gene I wanted to post that.

20. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    If you think this is shit, then wait until you hear the official music.

I actually like it and tons better that the official crap, even though it's Aquatic Ruin done like a S3&K act 2.