don't click here

The Sonic Merchandise Topic

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Retro_Stew, Jul 11, 2011.

1. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Something new from Jazwares. Except now it's...a statue?

[​IMG]

Looks pretty awesome.

2. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Exclusive game codes? Maybe that's how they were planning on releasing the Statues passwords.

3. Doppelgengar

Doppelgengar

Where the hell do I get one of those?

4. I want that statue.
    Also, I went to Kmart and finally snagged those classic Sonic figures. The really tiny ones for 5.99. Ah well. If anyone is looking to get them (I spotted four, Classic Sonic, Classic Tails, Classic Knuckles, and Classic Super Sonic) this Saturday Kmart will have b1G1 50% off on Toys. So you can get a couple of them for 2.99, at least, for buying the other ones full price.

5. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

[​IMG]

Mushroom Hill's a random choice of base for Tails, but it looks like it'll be really awesome regardless.

6. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    That Tails figure looks so full of awsome potential

7. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    I have some Sonic merch around. Wish I had more

I have a total of 3 Sonic hats, 2 are normal and one is a beanie.

I got this one at Spencer's
    [​IMG] (Image swiped from Friend of Sonic's post on page 14)

This was a gift a year back, most likely also bought at Spencer's
    [​IMG]

The beanie was found in an FYE. I cannot find a picture online and I am too lazy to take one.

As for other merch, I have a few keychains, I think of of them is actually a key cover, but I use it as a normal keychain accessory. A Sonic shot glass. I have a few shirts, nothing fancy... one has a giant modern face one is classic's.
    Of course I have multiple copies of many of the genesis games, and almost every main game released.

As for other stuff, wish I had. I saw tons of figures, plushies, blankets, drinking glasses. I was in Sonic heaven today... then my girls car broke down again so spending money became out of the question. I made out with the first hat I mentioned and the sonic shot glass at least.

8. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Where do I go to buy this?

9. OverlyEquipped

OverlyEquipped

OverlyEquipped Member
    Oh yeah, I've seen that just recently actually. A friend of mine bought it for her fiance not to long ago I believe. I think that this looks very impressive actually and it's good to see some Sonic Jazwares merchandise that isn't just nuts-n'-bolts all across their joints.

10. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    Not sure if this is the right topic to post this in, but searching ebay for rare Sonic stuff, I found this.

A rare VHS promo tape for Sonic 2, or so it claims.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Has anyone seen that tape before? That would be cool to have for archiving purposes or maybe some new information. Sonic 2 does look completed by this point though.
    What I'm interested in was how they made that commercial. I was under the impression that it was all computer animated.

[​IMG]

12. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    Is Retro going to start another funding project? This looks worth it.

13. I think that tape deserves its own topic rather than a mention in a "pracitcally" dead merch topic. That thing would be VERY valuable to the community to rip, considering it shows some very interesting things from the production/marketing of the game.

14. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    Wow, that tape looks cool. there's a lot of those screen shots I haven't seen before, that corkscrew is pretty amazing.

15. I sent the seller a message to see if he's flexible on the price at all.

Although I have no idea how I'd rip it.

16. I have managed to rip VHS's before. You need a special device that lets you plug in your VCR to your computer.

I used a Pinnacle Studios Dazzle, and its software got them in just fine. Be wary though that the format seems to default to a strange format, but WMP will still be able to read it.

17. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

I use software called Magix rescue my videotapes for ripping videos. Has a USB dongle to connect S-video cables in to and works a treat.

18. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Man I want us to have that tape.

But I gots no money. :(

19. cornholio857

cornholio857

The Great Cornholio Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP