Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    fortherecordI'vealwaysconsideredthepinkstuffandthebluestufftobothbeMegaMackjustthepinkoneislessrefinedsorryHADtosayit>_>

Can we move off the Mega-Mack discussion now, please? =P I think 3 or 4 full pages about something that's been around since Sonic 2 - and that we've argued over before - is enough.

2. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    That last screen-shot in here really shows how huge everything is compared to Classic Sonic in this game. Not that it's a bad thing, but it feels a bit weird.... I'm just used to seeing that all in Sonic 2 proportions.

3. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    How about we talk about some other level

Like SKY SANCTUARY. Interesting to see how Generations will change THAT up, like how Modern Sonic will run through the level and how Classoc Sonic's level and art design will get the golden treatment.

4. Yeah I'm seriously stoked to see Sky Sanctuary.

I hope something bold and orchestrated is used for Modern's version.

5. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Actually, I was thinking this myself - I do wonder how well the badniks would show up at their normal sizes, though, especially at the speeds Modern moves at.

6. TheBalishChannel

TheBalishChannel

A skull raft, nothing below me but boiling lava.
    Sonic The Hedgehog 1 / CD Sonic sprites & pallete in Sonic The Hedgehog 2, no Tails.
    Is it just me, or do the textures for Sky Sanctuary look like they were painted with water color, and then scanned on a computer?

7. Crazee

Crazee

Do you guys think we will get mini-boss fights in Sky Sanctuary? I realize that Zone Bosses are likely not included in Classic levels. We saw Green Hill Zone, and it lacks the boss. But Sky Sanctuary...really isn't that much of a zone. A huge part of it is the fights against Mecha Sonic. I could see these existing in the Classic level, but I'm not sure. As far as Modern...who knows? It will be a completely new experience.

8. KeebeeNacho

KeebeeNacho

WORM BAGGED Member
    USA
    I'm drawing something, not that you'll ever see it.
    This was bugging me too. That Spiny is fricking huge! Those guys were a pain in the ass when they were smaller, imagine what they'll will be like now.

EDIT: Ugh, that's the second time I practically copied someone elses post without knowing it. Sorry guys.

9. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    I'm sure that the physics being a tad on the floaty side also play into the badnik size.

Bigger targets = easier to hit = less bitching about floaty physics. (In theory)

10. I completely forgot about this. I can't imagine them making the level without the mini-boss fights to be honest. Though they probably will. Would be good to see Metal Sonic back though, or evolve / explain any links (if any) between Metal and Mecha through the story line.

The level list leak, did it indicate what order they would be in? or was that also discovered elsewhere in the demo? It's a given Green Hill's number one, but I was curious as to where the Metal sonic fight would fit in towards the placement of Sky Sanctuary zone.

11. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

[Youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jGSrNbM2Wc[/Youtube]

Seriously...why, Sega?

12. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    I don't know about that, but it makes me scratch my head in confusion. It's not game breaking, but it certainly doesn't look too cool.

13. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    How do the controls work with that? Does he automatically turn into a ball above the badnik, or do you have to press a button like in Sonic Triple Trouble for Game Gear?

14. Chimera

Chimera

Castlevania prettyness
    I believe you have to press a button. Maybe he pressed "A" when near an enemy. After all, Classic Sonic is a copypaste of Modern Sonic, hence redundant unused files and commands that get disabled as Classic.

Something tells me it's not suppose to be cool. Or game breaking.

Just something that wasn't patched.

15. LightXIII

LightXIII

SPARKING!!!
    What was wrong with that video? It was just a normal game glitch. N he pressed down be4 he hit the badnik. Everyone is acting like this video is showing messed up game play I just see a normal glitch no big deal.

16. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    Wait, what? are there pictures of Sky Sanctuary released yet that I've missed?

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Amongst all the leftover data in the demo are a few textures for Sky Sanctuary. That's what he's referring to.

18. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

Just to clear a few things up...Sonic cannot Spin-Dash, Roll-up into a ball, or jump while he is in the air, you either have to do it before you launch into the air or jump before going off a ledge.

The PROBLEM is that for some reason, Classic Sonic has 1 Frame before actually taking damage when on top of a badnik. It's not gameplay breaking but like Greg said, it just doesn't look too cool.

19. Chimera

Chimera

Castlevania prettyness
    It's also not that easy to accomplish unless you really try to do so.

Seriously can we end the nitpicking already? Or is everyone going to take a look at a video that says not to take it seriously and disobey it? >>

And yes, sky sanctuary textures were released. Here's the textures (not including bump mapping and specular effects):
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Am I being realy ambitious to think this is a possible texture for Metal/Mecha Sonic on Sky Sanctuary? Or would this be just a jewel on top of a pillar or something.

Or water.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.