don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    Yeah, when you put it like that, I feel ya. Don't like to be railroaded in my Sonic games.

2. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Interestingly, I noticed a difference between the demo level and the video it shows when you leave it at the title screen. You know that section where you spring back and forth between the totem pole and can land on that little platform, where you can bounce off a Buzzbomber that leads to an upper path containing the speed shoes? Well, in the video, there's no Buzzbomber there; just a little moving platform.

EDIT: Just hit 54 seconds. :D But before that, I ran into a strange glitch. I lost the ability to his Buzzbombers. Their blasters still hurt me, and I didn't notice anything wrong otherwise, but jumping into one, it might as well not have even been there. I quit the level, went back in, and it was fixed.

3. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    The first teaser in-game trailer had a platform there too, I noticed that they changed it to a buzz bomber. If you leave the game to play is it a video?

4. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Sure is. It's the same "Guess Who's Back" trailer we've seen before.

5. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    Alright, so I just messed around in the demo for a good 20 minutes, got a video coming since I found a few glitches and oddities. Nothing game killer and to be fair I found most of them by messing around, but still video proof is the best kind of proof.

6. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member

I recorded Sonic being on the edge. Interesting is that when he does the animation, you can rotate sonic in 3 ways.

7. ancara

ancara

Welp, I just came back from playing the SG demo, it was indeed good. Probably just me, but Sonic felt alright to control, and while it ain't perfect, I'm ok with what they've done for the most part for him. Ain't perfect, but it work.

Anyways, now for the important thing to ask: Once you guys are ready, you guys gonna tear through this thing for every tiny bit of info and both bring out what you find and show some reasons why it's 600MB+ big? I probably know the answer to this one, but go on and humor me. :v:

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Just finished playing this demo a couple times, and I must say it's wonderful to see classic Sonic in all his glory return to the modern age. Spot on demo, kind of sad we didn't get the results screen or modern Sonic (yes he plays like Unleashed no shit I want to play a new level), but Classic Sonic, while not feeling 100%, felt closer to the classics than anything since Sonic Advance.

But that spin dash, watch the fuck out because Sonic goes from like 0 to 1000 in like 2 seconds.

9. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    I'm a wizard.

[​IMG]

Also the one Motobug in the stage that can charge at you with rocket boosters or something like that also does a little dance if he hits you.

10. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Okay, wow. That was... Interesting to say the least. I like the game, but there needs to be a shit ton of improvement.

What bothers me:

- Jumping on any incline greater than 20 degrees seems to be impossible at full speed, especially when that speed comes from a spring.

- Sonic cannot climb any inclines, no matter how shallow, when stopped very well.

- Spinning fucking sucks. All of it. You cannot jump then try to land in a spin by pressing down before you land. Spinning gains no momentum.

- Auto Spindash is pretty much a FastForward/Rewind button. You can easily clear 1/5th of the level by simply pressing Square once.

- Jumping on a 90 degree incline produces an odd result.

- Spindash is FAR too powerful.

- Jumping is FAR too heavy and short.

Other than that, they have everything down, and even though it isn't perfect, I'd take it over Unleashed gameplay any day of the week.

11. PimpUigi

PimpUigi

------- Route Magician ------- Sonic CD Technician Member
    52.33 for me.
    Can't figure out where to take off the other .5 seconds...it's probably just a luck based tweaking I guess, since how long you stay in the ball from your first spin dash seems to be random.

I'm also going to say, screw you guys...the spin dash is just right.

12. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

Fear my amazing powers. (I had a better time during the stream, but eh. I wanted sub-45 but too tired to continue right now.)

EDIT: Time: 46.77

13. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Everything I've ever hated about the spin-dash, in one video.

14. PimpUigi

PimpUigi

Wow that was epic.
    I love this new Spin Dash. It works just like the Super Peel Out used to work.
    Except, now you're automatically in the ball...and you don't have to stop to press up first.

So...this is now dubbed...
    Super Spin Dash!!!

I seriously love it and hope it remains in the game.
    I'm really not liking the "op spin dash" talk. This is why we can't have good things.

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Okay, the controls are crazy stiff. It's really awkward to turn, and jumping when you're going fast is a nightmare. The spindash, hot button or classic style, is overpowered and rolling is plain useless. And why can't I jump so soon after spinning? And saying that, when I do finally jump it's far too heavy. FAR too heavy.

Everything else is damn perfect though. The game is a blast.

16. PimpUigi

PimpUigi

The Speed Shoes are insanely under powered though.
    You barely notice when you get them. They should really make them go the same speed as the spin dash.

17. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Downloading the demo now, but you can change the date so that you can play the demo forever? If so, that's awesome.

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

No, that's not how it works. I don't believe there's any way to get around the limit.

19. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

While you cool guys Time Attack, I'm going to collect as many rings as I can.

[​IMG]

Ring Attacker for life, baby!

(disregard the year on my camera... it's a retarded camera)

20. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    Not sure how I done it but somehow I did. One of the many glitches I found, the only one I recorded.
    Excuse the bad quality and sound.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.