don't click here

How would you redesign Sonic the Hedgehog?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Pulse, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aw, shit. You beat me to it. Hopefully that guy will get around to doing the Sonic & Tails episode he promised.

Interesting how the style works so well for Sonic.

2. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    Looks like I'm going to have to send those Internets to the guy who made this.
    That was awesome. I've always liked how aspects of Sonic's look are by design reminiscent of classic golden age cartoons. That's perhaps one of the reasons I like the character. As such, seeing Sonic in the classic cartoon environment feels really natural. I wouldn't mind seeing more of these shorts.

3. Vantoggle

Vantoggle

Oddly enough I feel as if that clip takes after early cinema more than early animation. What with the cue cards, random chase scene, and "unintentional" weirdness.

(Sound was supplied by a musician in the theater at the time.)
    -----
    On another note; yet another Metal Sonic revisit.
    [​IMG]

4. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Relevant:
    [​IMG]

5. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

Your Metal Sonic before was okay, but this new one is great! I am aching to see something like that move.

6. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    First off, I agree with the comparison to black and white film moreso than the cartoon aspect.

Secondly, never ever stop being awesome. Please. That Metal Sonic is BEASTLY. I love it. I love the composure of him and the hunched over look with the insanely razor sharp spines. Seriously, brilliant work.

7. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

You should make a game so bad.

8. Actually, I'd love to see this version of Sonic feature in a game. Not a permnant change, but something for the hell of it.

[​IMG]

9. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    This should have been Sonic Man in Sonic '06.

1920's Sonic: I took a glance at it and moved on. It was a nice little Flash animation that takes one back to the silent black and white film era, but not necessarily the Silent black and white Cartoon portion of the 1920s. Yes, Mickey Mouse had much more plot to his shorts than the Sonic short, but it was a nice little test in new waters for the guy I thought. Hopefully he takes advantage of telling a story through action and no dialogue and telling a nice quirky little brotherly story since his next short involves Sonic and Tails. I hope Sonic acts more like a douchebag hero like Mickey was though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCZPzHg0h80

10. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Cool! Sweet! And Catchy! Member
    Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga
    I thought this was adorable, and they look more like the actual animals they are supposed to be.

[​IMG]

11. Ben Laserlove

Ben Laserlove

OH MAN

Stop teasing us with your amazing designs :argh:
    I'm sure that everyone is calling on you to make a Sonic game, but I would love you to just make a webcomic or something like that.

12. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Allow me to be the first to say,

Awwwwwww! <3

13. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    I raise you another DAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW, good sir.

14. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    I think that Sonic's paws should be more defined so that he doesn't look like a multiple amputee (hedgehogs have adorable little five-toed paws) but other than that I think it's pretty cute.

15. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

A Zone Unknown of Title
    So you want something similar to this but without the gloves and shoes?

[​IMG]

16. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Wow, Sonic looks like a hotdog. Dip him in chili, wrap him in a bun, and sprinkle some cheese on him. Chili-hedgedog, please.

17. ancara

ancara

Somebody should seriously draw Sonic in a chili dog costume.

Or even better, Sonic as a chili dog.

It'd be the greatest design ever. :v:

18. InstantSonic

InstantSonic

Just add water! Oldbie
    [​IMG]

19. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    How about this. + - sorta on topic  

If you could get any person in the world to redesign Sonic, who would it be?

20. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

A Zone Unknown of Title
    I want to see Michel Ancel try his hand at Sonic. Jamie Auburn possibly. Any Disney comic artist.

Or if I wanted to go a little more extreme, maybe John Kricfalusi. I'd like to know what Themrock's hero would do with the character. + - Hey, I didn't mention Tim Burton in any of my suggestions as an obvious fanboy would.  

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.