don't click here

Retro Channel & S1@SAGE2010

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Cinossu, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    I have that strange feeling that you need to do it in a full-playthrough, as I did it in GH1, GH2, and SL1 (also, GH3, but it's bugged there).

+ - Aqua Lungs would then share this, as I beat the three Labyrinth acts using only one bubble between the three, and I didn't get it. Hence why I want Zone Attack as well as the Act Attack we currently have.  

2. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Not for Empty Wallet or Careful Evasion - that's just one Act, and there's no need to do full playthrough for that.

Looks like these Achievements are truly unachievable.

3. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    Oh, I was talking about the Artful Dodger achievment.

4. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Yeah, I think you have to do the entirity of Green Hill for that one. Guess which one I'm never getting.

5. Liliam

Liliam

Previously Fred Oldbie
    Wait, so I just evaded all rings, enemies and monitors in GHZ1 and GHZ2. (Also GHZ3 yesterday but I guess it doesn't count because fgs.)

Am I even going down the right path or am I wasting my time? Do you have to do it in the full game? With one life? No way to restart? That's preposterous.

Also how do you get Aqua Lung and Pinball Wizard. I tried clearing LZ1, LZ2, LZ3 and SBZ3 each with only one bubble, but that doesn't seem to be it. Is it supposed to be one bubble for the entirety of the game? Again, does it need to be in the full game? This is ridiculous.

Pinball Wizard I just don't know what to do. There's only so much a picture of a bobbin and "10" tell you. I tried bouncing 10 times on the same bobbin without touching the floor. Tried alternating between two bobbins. Tried hitting bobbins 10 times in the special stage. I haven't managed to hit 10 different bobbins without touching the ground, which is what I'm trying now. But what if it's touching the same bobbin 10 times in succession from the very first hit, with no room for failure? What if it's touching exactly 10 bobbins and clearing the stage? What if it's doing that, but in a specific stage? What if it's touching no more than 10 bobbins?

Lack of descriptions or even subtle hints coupled with arbitrary goals and failure to register what should have been a completed objective (and thus sending you off with a false premise) make for a great, great annoyance.

6. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    [​IMG]
    EVERY. TIME. :argh:

7. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Log out of Sonic Retro first, then try.

8. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Now all we need is a small expansion device for the Genesis/MD that implements the RCh in hardware, making it possible to use hardware to submit scores =P

9. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    Edit: FFF I missed a letter in my username, but I get the error:

Data send was unsuccessful. Even after I log out of retro.

10. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Try it about 3-5 times. It should work, and if not, I'm sorry.

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I was just about to ask if this was using Mega Modem emulation... but I'm guessing not?

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    So, my save ram corrupted or something because now all my data's gone despite, you know... having not touched anything.

Awesome. :argh:

EDIT: Oh well... At least I get to floor everyone with a new time on Special Stage 6. Have fun with this one, guys. It may be one of the most annoying times to break because of how irritating the physics are in the special stage.

13. Shade

Shade

Just wanted to pop in here and say this is pretty huge; Retro Channel is probably the first project to come out of this place in years to get me genuinely excited. I really hope it takes off.

Hats off to you once again, Cinossu. This is all tops.

14. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Are you sure you haven't already got them? All you need to do to get Empty Wallet is to complete one Act (any) without collecting a single ring. There's no need to do that in the full game.

I think it's one bubble for the entirety of the game.

Your last one was correct, but I thought that was pretty obvious. You have to complete Spring Yard Zone hitting the bumpers less than ten times.

15. Liliam

Liliam

Previously Fred Oldbie
    I'm talking about Artful Dodger now. It has the same icon as Careful Elusion, but with a x3, so I'm guess it's meeting the same requisites in three different acts? Well, I've done GHZ1, GHZ2, GHZ3 and SLZ1 and no game.

Also, apparently it isn't "any Act" because I tried GHZ3 first and it didn't work. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I already had (non-zero) records on it.

In the full game or...? How does it keep track?

The name of the achievement is "Pinball Wizard". The bobbins give you points! How the fuck are you a "wiz" at pinball when you actively avoid stuff that increases your score!?

For consistency, the icon should have a cross over the bobbin design. Lightning Onslaught requires you to kill 10 enemies, not to kill less than 10 enemies.

16. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    So is this what sonic 1 extended edition is going to be? I hope it is, minus the dark overworld and the internet connection.

17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    It isn't using the Mega Modem, no. At the moment it works through the MDP plugin entirely, afaik.

18. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Nope, because I had non-zero records on GHZ1 and done it with no problems. It seems these Achievements aren't very reliable in terms of whether you get them or not - I haven't got the "Getting Greedy" Achievement (75 rings in Special Stage) despite having the "Acquired Fortune" Achievement (100 rings + chaos emerald in Special Stage).

In the full game, and I guess an internal counter.

That's true, but it's not particularly hard to hit the bumpers. It is harder to avoid them. But yes, there should be a cross, or "<10".

19. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Hey, that did the trick. Kinda annoying I have to log out from Retro to use it, but at least I got it working.

Also, where did the Boss Attack BGM come from? That's an amazing track :O

20. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Someone hasn't looked at Tweaker's music topic lately! :P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.