don't click here

Zone 01 : "The Mandatory Green Level"

Discussion in 'Project: Sonic Retro (Archive)' started by Retro_Stew, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    Much better if you ask me

2. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
  3. Thundertimi

Thundertimi

Sonic Retro (Artwork team)
  4. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    What did I say about actually explaining your opinion? If you don't, your post is practically worthless. I'm getting seriously sick of that—if you have a problem with something, then elaborate and point out exactly what is wrong. We've got plenty of people willing to elaborate on why it's good, but not why it's not. It feels like opposition for the sake of it.

5. Thundertimi

Thundertimi

Sonic Retro (Artwork team)
    Thats upgraded version of sonic 3, if we make it look more comlex, so its sonic 4 style:P
    Because soni2 was more complex than 1, 3 was more complex than 2, etc...

6. Matwek

Matwek

I think it would be quite nice to change the classic bridge design, maybe go for something like the wooden bridge in Lava Reef and add some rope to the sides as well, just to up the detail.

7. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    That's fine... I'll "elaborate" next time... but all opinions should count whether they're good or bad. And really, what I said wasn't all that negative.

8. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    You know, I'd love to see a remix of Bridge Zone SMS here.

9. CyclopsCaveman

CyclopsCaveman

Crawled out of a fan. Member
    I'm seeing too many greens browns and blues here. Tropical areas aren't always just rocks, grass, and water. I was thinking we could add something like red flowers into the background, and maybe have some traps or foreground objects (like the stuff from AIZ) that look like rain forest, and drape it in some colors, with some reds and creams. The whole thing looks absolutely beautiful, but it could look much more gorgeous than it does right now, even if we just change one thing here or there.

10. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    I like that idea, but I'm no so keen on the idea of rainforest elements. There's a rainforest zone in this game already, so let's save those rainforest elements for that.

However, adding some new colors is a good idea. I like the thought of putting some reds into the level, but maybe we could also use some oranges, like some big orange lilies here and there. I've recently had this idea in my head for a beach zone with red and orange flowers for a Sonic game, so I think that would look nice for this particular zone.

11. Dragstik

Dragstik

Actually, I think that what is wrong with this zone is that it is too filled with rocks.

If we look at the first zones of Sonic games we see a lot of water and grass and the only thing made of rocks is the ground.

My suggestion is that the background, instead of focusing on the rock hills and waterfalls should show more of the sky and the water.

In another note, I agree that the tiles are too complex. I think we should remove some extra shading and modify the pallette, the colors look too yellow-ish.

12. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    That is exactly the reasoning behind my post that I didn't "elaborate" on. That being said, I agree.

13. Just thought of a name...

Emerald Falls Zone

14. King Of Nowhere

King Of Nowhere

15. synchronizer

synchronizer

I thought someone said to remove all the extra rocks, but the water, of course that should be fixed.

16. Dr. Mustache

Dr. Mustache

Likes Sloths Member
    I like it, but maybe we should move away from the whole emerald thing, since Sonic 2 already did it.
    What about... Paradise Falls Zone? Something like that.

17. synchronizer

synchronizer

I actually Like Paradise Falls. For the ones who like alliteration:

Floral Falls

EDIT: Better Water Matching
    [​IMG]

18. Some names....

Inlet Falls (staying with falls)
    Tropical Bay (Said already?)
    Rocky Gulf
    Rocky Falls (Again with falls)
    Palmtree Rock (???)
    Plamtree Falls (ONE MORE)
    Erased Hideaway (=P)
    Green Shores (Said?)
    Oceanic Springs (I think this is cool)
    Oceanic Spray (Sounds like Febreez or something like that)
    Secluded Paradise (:D)