don't click here

Yuji Naka to leave Sega?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Tweaker, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
  2. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    Naka doesn't do that much at all these days.

3. Interesting... I didn't see any mention of when he was planning on leaving, though. I get the feeling it's not for a good long while, because didn't he say he was working on Sonic Next-Gen? Or did he just say his team was?

4. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    This remembers to me to that rumours about the Sonic Team being separated from Sega, some months ago. What if this has something to do with that? Well, anyways, it says that it'll still be allied with Sega... Meaning that we don't have too much to worry yet...

5. Shade

Shade

I don't know wether to laugh or to cry, but if this is true, then time will tell wether or not it was for the best. However, my personal experience tends to show that the Sonic games Naka had nothing to do with, for the most part, always turn out great, if not better, than the ones he was involved with. Like Sonic CD.

6. This would definitely make me sad. I know there is a lot of disappointment around here with the newer generations of Sonic games, but this man was the main programmer of the classics that we love so much (minus Sonic CD and such). We at least owe him that.

7. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    It says he's setting up his own studio, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's leaving SEGA. It may be a second-party studio or something.

Besides, Sonic games without Naka have generally turned out good, like Sonic CD and Sonic Riders.

8. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    It's Iizuka that's stinking up the scene.

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    So, Naka left SEGA Of Japan after Sonic 1, left the STI after Sonic 3, threatened to quit when X-Treme was in progress, and now this. I wonder what happened this time. =P

10. Shade

Shade

Well, if they want him back so badly, they'd better pay a visit to the local Porsche dealer :P

11. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Naka drives a Ferrari, don't you know? :P

12. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Is this the end of Puyo Puyo Fever!?

13. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    Well, all I have to say, is that it'll be a dream-come-true for me if Naka actually does leave.

14. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Banned
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    I don't just look at naka alone when looking at the old sonic games, to be honest, I appreciate the works of the origonal Sonic Team, one man can't make a great game, it takes hundreds of individuals being slave drived and being whiped late into the night by that one man. Yuji doesn't program the current gen games, and its a good thing he doesn't because his reputation as a good programer would have gone down the craper.

15. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Maybe he heard about what happened over Xtreme this time around =P

16. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    Of course, there's also the chance that if he had programmed the current-gen games, they would have turned out better.

17. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    Look at sig.

18. Shade

Shade

Creator of Sonic my ass.

19. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    There's a difference between "not being the best" and "being better than mediocre", and mediocre seems to be the general opinion regarding the recent Sonic games.

20. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Agreed. And I think that Sonic Next-Gen will be sucky, too. They may solve all the bugs, remove all the characters, etc., but without the original designers, or new designers that have their style (or something similar), the game won't have the effect Sega is expecting. I don't think Sonic Next-Gen will be as good as we think...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.