don't click here

Yuji Naka and Sonic Team interviewed by Eurogamer TV

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by OSM, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/the-euroga...-and-sonic-team
    After the tidbit on Black Knight, the question of a possible 2d Sonic game being made was asked. The only response we got is "it's under discussion so we can't say a lot about that right now."

It also shows some footage and information on Prope.

Make of it what you will.

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Sonic Rush 3?

3. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    I liked the Rush games but I really don't want another one. I want a real 2d Sonic without the bull for once, a Megaman 9 approach would be amazing to see happen. A new 16 bit Sonic game on VC and XBLA.

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    That's the last thing I'd want. I'd like a 2D high-definition platformer on a disc, with long sprawling levels and a soundtrack like say Unleashed's. Going the XBLA route is a step backwards. It was only done for Megaman 9 as that wasn't much more than fanservice.

5. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I wouldn't mind a Sonic Rush 3, or even a Sonic Unleashed 2—it'd be building upon a couple of fun, working formulas, which is only ever a good thing. I've learned not to take Sonic Team's rather broad PR statements with anything more than a grain of salt more recently, though; it's not anything solid enough to base any real assumptions on.

Anyone remember when they appeared to strongly hint at Unleashed having a couple of 3D remakes of classic levels? Gee, I wonder what happened to that? :thumbsup:

Eagerly looking forward to being proven wrong, though!

6. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    They said the same thing for Sonic 06. It's just useless propaganda to generate hype.
    You know they aren't that generous or smart enough to come up with something like that. I'd kill so many people to see it happen though.

7. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    God no, no Rush 3.

Bring on Unleashed 2 please. Unleashed is far, far better.

8. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    Personally, I wouldn't mind a Sonic Rush 3, at all. Just as long as it takes more after the first than the second one, that is. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Rush Adventure was a bad game, it just... wasn't quite the same.

9. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

I think you're underestimating XBLA. If they can get games as spectacular looking and high quality as Braid on there, I hardly think a good looking Sonic platformer would be a huge problem.

10. Remember size constraints, you don't want to make it too large with all the HD art and music tracks.

11. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    I always thought they could take the Sonic Xtreme route and bend the paths now and then. When the levels became too far and stretched out they could always curve them to turn back around, it would be neat to see the other part of the level you just ran through in the background.

12. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    You mean the classic Sonic game style with the wrapper effect that the fisheye had, that would be awesome especially if it wasn't fisheye all the time, just now and then a kind of 45 degree Z axis would appear.

13. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    I think Unleashed had the 2d segments down perfectly. I would like to see an entire game like that to be honest. I'm getting kind of tired of full 3d roaming.

14. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I'm getting tired of being so limited as to where I can go :rolleyes:

15. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Why not just make sonic adventure 1 with more cohesive stages and more useful adventure feilds? seriously nothing was wrong with that game aside from that and the usual problems (VA, script, character selection)

16. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    If Sega are smart, and I know they're not, we'll get the definitive Sonic 4.

17. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    I'd much rather get a 2.5d Sonic game ala Unleashed's 2D sections than something like Sonic 2 HD. Unleashed was graphically beautiful, you just can't have such gorgeous, dynamic lighting and depth with 2D art.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I support a total overhaul of Sonic Adventure 1. Basically they should just keep the same locals and the same plot, but that's about it. Tweak it a little to get rid of Big or change his gameplay maybe. Everything else, level design, graphics, in game models, adventure fields, move sets, voice acting, script, whatever should be either edited or modified.

Never understood how different characters who had the same cutscenes as the other characters somehow had different conversations despite the fact the the cutscenes are based off the same thing. Seems like kinda wasted effort to me.

I honestly don't want Sega to even think about a Sonic 4. Make a 2.5D Sonic Unleashed esq game fine, but stay away from the retro stuff. This new team has no idea what the retro games are and what made them great. The people who did left a while ago.

19. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    This is why I'll drop references to NSMB and to a lesser degree Super Smash Bros. (Though Brawl's 1P experience was dire and I never want to experience it again, thank you very much, it had decent graphics and effects.)

Why no Klonoa? Never played it, though I probably should.

20. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    A 2.5d Sonic game in the vein of the classics would be incredible to see if they do it right. As long as they hand the project off to the Unleashed team if it happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.