don't click here

Your thoughts

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Guess Who, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

I am a Woodpecker! Except in Dirt! Member
    Lava Reef Zone
    A Sprite-Based Dollmaker and a Card Game
    Yeah, I mean, I like to play a lot of old Playstation 1 games that no one else would hardly ever think of touching, like Top Shop (Which is sort of a Monopoly clone in a way), Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth, Digimon: Digital Card Battle (Heard a load of stuff from people who didn't like that game, but I like it anyway.), Gundam Battle Assault 2... nobody jumps me just because I like to play those games though. I mean, someone asks me what my favourite non-Sonic game is and I automatically answer Hoshigami, and they just kinda shrug. They don't get on my case for liking a game they generally hate. (Little note, most people hate Hoshigami because the battle system is chess-like and one of the most complicated while based on an RAP point system.)

... okay, I'll shut up my ranting now.

2. The Mighty Boosh

The Mighty Boosh

Stupid like a FOX! Member
    Just to make a short note, nobody I know who's ever played "Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth" has disliked it. Top game. :D

On the subject of Shadow/Rush, I'll probably buy Shadow when I get paid this week, Rush will have to wait until I pick up a DS. :]

3. superstarCSB

superstarCSB

snootch Member
    Lawrence, Kansas
    I probably should get back to work on my site someday...
    Lawrence, Kansas has it. :P

4. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Banned
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    I won't be getting shadow until x-mas, along with StarWars Battlefront II, and The Matrix: Path of Neo.

BTW: Saw a commercial for Shadow on monday, looked interesting.

EDIT: Clearification

5. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    Shadow is going to blow. Sega asked that reviewers to not post reviews until next week, as they are anticpating low reviews. Eurogamer released theirs early, and it was a 5/10. (thx for gg for that info)

Anyways I just got Rush and...I actually want to play it. It's pretty good actually, despite some of the music being unbearable. I really like the special stages, brings me back to Sonic 2.

6. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    It is physically impossible for Sega to make a good game as long as they lack the developers that made them great in the 1991-1995 era. Therefore Shadow and Rush can both be written off as failures with nary a look at them.

7. voice

voice

45mins west of Chicago
    I don't listen to critics often, its all down to personal feeling towards the game, and I think Sonic Heros, didn't put a tiny scratch in ST's reputation, no, it took a hammer and smashed the shit out of it. They'd need a few good games to get back from that, though I may rent the game first and see how it is before I finalize it, Battlefront 2 is automaticly on my list because BF1 was such a fucking great game, and the previews for BF2 were even better, Path of Neo because it's been highly recommended, though GUN is starting it worm its way onto the list as well.

8. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Ommm....

torrent plz?

9. TapamN

TapamN

I just finished my first ending... doing this while the credits are playing...

My favorite things so far the references to Sonic Adventure 2. (My top 3 Sonic games: 1. Sonic 3 & Knuckles, 2. Sonic Adventure 2, 3. Sonic CD.) Remixed SA2 music, robots, and places. Unfortunately, the two levels I wanted to play the most, ARK and The Doom, were really boring. (Prision Island was ok.) You're on some stupid bird for most of ARK, and The Doom's layout is too confusing and you're left waiting for elevators to move.

Shadow's physics are poor, jumping and landing from jumps is feel wierd.

Credits over... back to the game.

Edit: There's a Stick Canyon style roller coaster ride in... forgot the name. Carnval level. Do the Hero mission twice from the start.

Edit 2: It's Burning Rangers all over again. I just heard a GUN soldier say, "Mr. Yuji Naka is alright."

10. Gamerguy

Gamerguy

SHHHHHHH Member
    Sega is sending me a copy to review it on my site (and keep). They've never done this for me before, but they said they plan to do it in the future too. But because of slow shipping, I won't have it until next week or later.

I'll pick up Rush tomorrow or sometime this weekend.

11. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Has anyone actually played one of these two games? If so, what are your current impressions? I'm especially interested in Sonic Rush.

NO SPECULATION UNLESS YOU'VE PLAYED IT PLZ.

12. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Next week's Lostgame review will be on Shadow. Ask more then.

13. voice

voice

45mins west of Chicago
    In SCZ(Sonic2), you spend the entire level on Tail's plane.
    In OOZ(Sonic2), you end up waiting for elevators if you miss them.
    In SS(SonicCD), the level layout can become quite confusing.

Looks like SonicTeam was looking to the past for help on this one :P

EDIT: SSZ? No, no, no, SS :P

14. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    I'm not quite half-way through Sonic Rush now. The game is rather good. The music, though not Sonic-Like, fits the levels well. There are no SP rings (thank fucking god). The cut-scenes are relatively short, like 2 minutes long. Very little voice acting. Blaze has a little girl voice. =P Kind of reminds me of Misty's from Pokemon (which I could be correct, considering its 4kid's voices.)

The levels I have played are cliche, but have really cool little twists to them (you'll see what I mean). Controls are easy and on Boss Battles, Camera is set and rotates only when needed and isn't a big problem.

The game is pretty easy so far, actually. Even if you do die alot it's pretty easy to get extra lives.

I'll make a review when I'm done.

15. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Yeah, Rush is on my Christmas list, along with Tony Hawk's American Sk8land (DS) and a nice Apple Keyboard (I've already got a mouse).

Shadow is actually suprisingly good. The plot is less developed than I thought it would be, and each game is shorter than I thought it would be, but playing the different games with the different objectives is fun.

16. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
  17. infinity

infinity

Sonic_Rush_USA_NDS-LGC is out now as well. Shadow seems really bad, I stopped playing when Charmy came and annoyed me with his stupid voice.

18. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    I want that internet connection.

19. PicklePower

PicklePower

Wiki Sysop
    ditto

20. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I'm content wth mine -- I get about the same on good torrents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.