don't click here

Yet Another Fucking Hoax?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Quickman, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Vangar

Vangar

WHERE DO WE STAND ON THE MATTER?
    We're undecided - we'd like it to be real, but we feel it's scientifically expedient to question everything even if it turns out to be false worry. Better safe than sorry.

2. Lath

Lath

Vangar, I can read that perfectly without my glasses on, I think you like... invented a readable font for an 11 inch monitor running 1028 x 960.

Anyway... I honestly think it's more likely to be real, BUT it's all completely passable to hoax up, but seeing as DRX has better things to do and there's stuff that's seemingly been taken out of S2bwai in it I do think it's legit, namely the odd HPZ badniks, I haven't looked into the ROM my self yet, been busy since I had to format a couple days ago, windows freaked up on me.

<insert 50 page OS flame war here and lock by Tweaker>

<skip the above and save us some time please>

3. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    hey guys - chill out (both sides) and just enjoy the game (like I do), whether it's a hoax or not *shot*

4. Sanqui

Sanqui

Random nobody Member
    Czechia
    Omg. This is not a hoax. Just look how much things are different then the other games! Do you think it would be so easy to mix thee diferent games (s1, s2b & s2)?
    I know that I'am just a trial member (yet), but I would bet that this is NOT a hoax, just look inside the rom, if it would be a hoax, there would be not so much unused things! AND why would drx charange money for this?

This is not a hoax!

5. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Testing YOUR Hacks Since 2005... Member
    Emerald Hill Zone
    Looking for a Rom Hack to Test.
    Reasons why I don't think this is fake:

1 It follows the Nick Arcade Video completely e.g. layout of Emerald Hill + Starlight Music

2 It proves more what we thought about the 1st BETA that was discovered that its based heavily on Sonic 1.

3 I think this would be far too much hard work for someone to hoax.

DJ

6. Vinnie

Vinnie

I do not believe this is a hoax. For the following reasons:

It seems that nobody would go through this much trouble to create a hoax.

If other members have already started to dissassemble this, wouldn't they have found anything suspicious by now?

Although I do not know DRX personally. I do not believe he would do other members out of $1500

Even though you may think this is a Hoax, we all have our reasons don't we? :)

7. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    I was expecting a mod or admin to say "okay, Quickman's been made to look like a total arse now", lock the topic and possibly trash it. You're all beating a dead horse.

8. Nikki

Nikki

sonic-cult.net Member
    The one you let lay so everyone could beat it? =P

9. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    drx only releases hoaxes around the time of april fools day. *bombed*

If it would have been a hoax and drx would have ripped off donators with it, the community would fucking hate him.
    I don't think he would do such a thing.

10. mcbpete

mcbpete

Musical musicals Member
    The only thing that concerns me about the authenticity of this version is these lines in the 'uncompiled data'

The comments are kinda a bit too english for an in-house development version don't you think ?

11. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Sonic 2 was co-developed with the Sega Technical Institute, based in America. It's not that far-fetched.

12. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Most programming languages are based kinda off english to. Japanese C++ still uses "if". Programming and english go together like penis and vagina.

13. mcbpete

mcbpete

Musical musicals Member
    It wasn't so much the asm commands, rather that the 'will change' type comments. But Scarred Sun seems to have given a good counter argument to me anyway.

I'm not sure either way regarding the authenticity, but I come from the 'Boards Of Canada' school of cynicism. I'd better explain: In music forums I frequent people keep posting 'early' and 'unreleased' tracks from the band Boards of Canada which inevitably end up being fakes, but they're good enough to possibly be genuine, but occasionally a genuine track filters through and it causes a riot.

I'd like to believe that in this case it is the latter :D

14. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Unlocked and moved to the archive, sums up important points and if anyone wants to comment they should be free too.

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I don't see the necessity of archiving something like this, to be honest.

16. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    It's a debunked theory, so it should stay in the archives to ease the doubt of those suspecting this to be fake.

17. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    My worry is if it's unlocked then we'll get some idiot coming along going "heeeeeey maybe Quickman has a point!".

18. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    :P and then we tell him/her to read the rest of the topic to find out why he's completely wrong.

19. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Exactly how I felt. This topic is useful for linking to if anyone ever says "hey this could be a fake!".

20. Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

Tech Member
    Try telling that to wetflame