don't click here

Xbox1 region question

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Afti, May 21, 2011.

1. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Right, so I got an Xbox cheaply recently, and now I'm wanting to run Metal Wolf Chaos on it...

So, have been looking around, but have had little success finding information- does any currently-existing softmod disable or circumvent the region lock?

Information is of course difficult to find because there's not much worth bothering to circumvent the region lock on the Xbox for, but Metal Wolf Chaos looks awesome and I'd like to try it.

2. I used to have a Softmodded Xbox, and I believe that as long as you use a dashboard that patching of XBE files, you will be able to run games from any region. I usually use UnleashX. You may have to copy the game to the HDD for it to be patched though, There's an option for this within UnleashX on the Xbox, I'm unsure if it patches on the fly.

3. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Mmm, all right.

Hoping I don't have to copy to the HDD; don't have a Torx screwdriver, so I'm stuck with the 10GB one at the moment.

Might just torrent it and see if I can patch the XBE before burning that...

4. From a burned copy, no patching should be required. I've never had any problem playing an out-of-region DVDR copy.

5. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Oh. All right, then. That seems like the best option, a physical copy of this being kind of pricey.

6. A modded, soft or hard, Xbox will circumvent region encryption, yes. I have a legit Japanese copy of DOA3, which is region locked, and it runs fine on my modded Xbox. No patching required. The game you want may not even be region locked, you may want to look into that.