don't click here

Would anyone be interested in helping to translate STCO?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MooMoo, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MooMoo

MooMoo

Leader Bean Member
    Since there's a lot of people here, and possibly more non-english speakers here than the STCO forums, I was wondering if anyone would like to help translate some issues into a different language? Other than English that is. :eng101:

Edit: STCO = Sonic the Comic Online. :v:

http://www.stconline.co.uk

2. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    I was wondering why I recognized one of the names in the STC-O forums. I'd help, I have german relatives that maybe of use here

3. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    What is STCO? This thread needs more links. Once I'm told what it is I might give you some pasta and some pizza. And an Italian translation, yes, that.

4. MooMoo

MooMoo

Leader Bean Member
    That'd be grand. Im trying to get some people to have a go at issue 1. Obviously theres not a lot you can do about the cover, since its stylised writing, but you could do a translation and put it on a text file for the front cover. Some people mentioned localising names, which is ok, but main characters (Sonic et al, the recognisable ones) should probably remain.

Heres a link anyways. http://www.stconline.co.uk/back/224/224/cz.htm

5. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

I'll tackle Portuguese (of Europe) of some issues in the weekend (since I can take STCO with me). If someone else knows PT than it could be a lot of help. I can also make mild Spanish translations but I wouldn't take a lot of faith on that, I'm still at beginning of the course. I'll try tough, at least 224-225. I'll post next week.

6. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Gave it a quick look. Not interested, sorry.

7. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    You rang?

8. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Why hello mister. Are you interested in this? I'll probably do the 224-230. Can you do some past that?

Other thing, does the megadroid intro as any other extras need to be translated as well?

And yet another thing, the font, which one is it? Can you post a link moomoo?

9. MooMoo

MooMoo

Leader Bean Member
    Still unsure of the font, I'll ask around the forum. (Though to be honest, some fonts, like the one on the first sonic strip, I personally find quite hard to read. Someones done a Finnish translation in a font they picked and it was far better. :psyduck: )

I don't think the intros are much of a priority atm, as there would then have to be separate pages for each language, which Im not sure if we can accomodate or not. I'd just do the actual comic for now. (I actually need to talk to the staff about it, as so far, all I know is that they approve, Im not sure where its going to go or anything...)

10. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    I can look into it when I have time, which won't happen at least until the 2nd of July.

11. MooMoo

MooMoo

Leader Bean Member
    RIGHT! Finally found the font, or at least A font. Apparently 2 of the artists use one thats free, called Digitalstrip. Its on the top left box, just scroll down to find it.

http://www.blambot.com/fonts.shtml

Nearly got a whole first issue in Finnish now, so I'd (still) appreciate any further work from you guys. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.