don't click here

Worst aria in a sonic game

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Flygon, Mar 21, 2006.

Whats the worst aria

1. Sonic the hedgehog 3 (and knuckles), CNZ, Act 2, The rotating (cont) barrel.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sonic 2 with knuckles, DEZ, Act 1, 2nd boss.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Sonic and Knuckles (and sonic 3), DEZ or Doomsday Zone, Act 2, (cont) When you have no rings when yo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other (Specifey Game, Level, Act, aria/description)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oh, Jesus, that's the one with the spings that you have to use to get across miles worth of spike pits, right? That's hell the first few times through, but you can figure it out after a few tries so that it's really easy.

2. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    Am I the only one who knew what to do when the barrel part came up? O_o; I mean what, Sonic 3 came out in 1994, so I was about 6 years old when I first played Carnival Night. I'm not going to say I didn't have trouble at first when I got to that area, but granted I really don't remember. All I know is that I obviously got past that part considering I still have a save file from back then that has Super Sonic. =P

You people fail.

3. Shade

Shade

Argh, yes. That was some seriously gay ass design.

4. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

I'd say Launch Base act 2 in Sonic 3 without S&K locked on.

The amount of times I came close to beating the bosses before I ran out of time and got Game Over...

5. Labyrinth Zone boss caused me no end of problems as a kid, although it's not all that hard now.

Oh, and the CNZ barrel isn't exactly rocket science - a simple process of elimination would surely lead you to try pressing up and down at some point.

6. Shade

Shade

One would think :P

That's why it was so infuriating when I finally found out how simple it was. Even so; I agree with the whole arrows on the barrel thing. What were they thinking, really?

7. Well, actually, it's possible to obtain Super Sonic by the first act of Marble Gardens Zone. But I get your point. :P

8. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    Well that is true, but back then I wasn't that quick to getting the emeralds so I always got the last one like right before the final boss. So its a finished save file with Super Sonic. =P

9. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    1. Labyrinth Zone in Sonic 1 Game Gear. Can't get past it.

2. Bridge Zone boss in Sonic 1 GG. Took me 3 years to devise a strategy.

3. Sonic Adventure 2, Tails' Eternal Engine. There are the enemies that hurl homing missiles in on you. Well, below one of them is a platform with dynamite on it. Mix that with rushing for a good time bonus, and the Laser Blaster. =P

4. Route... Whatever(Rouge, can't hit walls) I had to have my brother do this for me. I always made it to the end but ran out of time.

5. MCZ Spike pit. 'Nuff said.

6. Carnival Night Zone 2: Right after Knuckles blew the power, there was a platform that has a Bubble Monitor on it. Well, if you hit the monitor and run along the curved wall, you will get stuck in the wall. I've only had this happen on real hardware though.

Never knew that people had problems with the Carnival Night barrel. I passed it on my first try in about a minute. =P

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    That's one of the few bugs they fixed for Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

11. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Make that Hydrocity Zone 2. That's where I always get Super Sonic, so I can easily kick the boss around with little to no effort. I get the first two emeralds from AIZ1, the next two from AIZ2, one from HCZ1 and get the last two in HCZ2, right before the Knuckles cutscene. While I'm on the subject, I always get Hyper Sonic (or Super in S&K stand-alone) by the time I get to the MHZ2 boss.

Worst aria in a sonic game? Probably Blue Marine Zone from Sonic Blast. That emerald is damn tricky to get, and if you fail, you can't try again without starting the game from scratch.

12. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
  13. Flygon

Flygon

The BGM for CNZ in my S&K mega collection windows cd sounded better...If anyone wants the BGM, how do I record and send it, Its not an MP3 or a WAV, Its part of the executable.

Flygon

14. It's just "Sonic & Knuckles Collection," not "Mega Collection," you know. But yeah. I like both tracks pretty much evenly. I really like the tempo/beat in the Genesis version, but Act 2 of the PC version has some cool stuff too.

15. PaintGamma

PaintGamma

SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!!! Member
    Between the X and Z keys.
    Pipe Haus v.2.0
    Meh, I always just debugged my way through the barrels.

I never liked the continous slides though. Those ones like in S1 Labrynth Zone and Sandopolis Zone. I'd always wate 3 minutes on those.

16. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    It's Actully possible through Act two of Hydro City... I've done it.

Anyway, the most infuriating thing? Hmm... Had to Be Sonic 2 DEZ With Anyone. You still can't hit him until he falls down, and I find gliding is helpful at times. but also trouble some.

17. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    You can hit him every time he takes a step, even with Knuckles. It's really easy.

Hit him on his stomach when you are Sonic or Tails, and hit him on his diaper when you are knuckles.

18. Abwayax

Abwayax

a.k.a. Adrian Malacoda Member
    Wow, so other people had trouble with that stupid barrel? Yeah... I tried jumping up and down repeatedly on it, which seemed to work to an extent (not enough to get by though). Then I found the solution on GameFAQs.

Aside from the CNZ barrel, I'm currently having trouble beating Metal Sonic on Sonic CD's Stardust Speedway Act 3.

19. You have to learn the terrain. Actually, it's a lot like time attack in Sonic Advance 2. It's not so much getting through as it is making a plan and pulling it off flawlessly. Near the end there's a shortcut with some mid-air platforms that go over a bunch of spikes and ditches and hills and things, that should help.

20. Knux13

Knux13

Member since May 19, 2002 Banned
    I knew a guy in elementary school who was notorious for that very thing... in fact, that story sounds almost exactly like some of the things he used to say.

His name wasn't Kyle, was it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.