Worst aria in a sonic game

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Flygon, Mar 21, 2006.

Whats the worst aria

1. Sonic the hedgehog 3 (and knuckles), CNZ, Act 2, The rotating (cont) barrel.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sonic 2 with knuckles, DEZ, Act 1, 2nd boss.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Sonic and Knuckles (and sonic 3), DEZ or Doomsday Zone, Act 2, (cont) When you have no rings when yo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other (Specifey Game, Level, Act, aria/description)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flygon

Flygon

This is to see what areas most people hate, and basicly have a fun time of see the most hated arias *I always hated CNZ, act2 the rotating barrel*
    EDIT: Corrected grammer and spelling, thanks for spelling of area LocalH ;)

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Misfit
    ...what?

3. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    wouldn't you like to know
    Guitar Hero II Deluxe
    area

in before rika

4. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Ohhhh! you mean area. Not aria, right?

What is your native language?

Edit: Mister H beat me to it.

5. Verse

Verse

Posts once a year. Oldbie
    Pomona, CA , USA
    Freedom Planet Soundtrack
    Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow.

6. Knux13

Knux13

Member since May 19, 2002 Misfit
    There's a part in MZ in S2 where a mantis enemy shoots at you as you bounce up a column of bumpers... that part used to give me trouble, because every time the mantis is off-screen, it gets new forelegs.

7. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    It's not the arias, it's the overtures that drive me nuts.

In all seriousness though, the only thing that pisses me off is the not-so-bottomless pit in Mystic Cave Zone. It's all spikes on the bottom. This means one of two things.

1. You die. VERY SLOWLY.
    2. You're Super Sonic. You lose rings, VERY SLOWLY. Then you die.

8. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    I never knew about that part. The only part that I see similar is one but that I can get out of it (not without getting hurt, of course). Of course I rarely debug in Mystic Caves. Am I that good playing there?

BTW, let's examine each one of those areas for choice in the poll:

1. Sonic 2, DEz, second boss. When I was younger I never could beat it. However, some day I noticed a small detail -- If you cause Eggman to be in one of the extremes and you go to the opposite side, the hands won't reach you since their range is slow. It was the first of those places I had beaten.

2. Sonic & Knuckles, DEz2, laser boss. OK, this one was hard, I'll tell you the first time I played here. I ran out of time first, so I needed to beat the boss without any rings. It caused me to lose all the conitnues I had (which were A LOT) and I beat it just in the last life. What a luck. Unluckily I only took five Chaos Emeralds, so no Doomsday that time. ;)

3. Sonic 3, CNz2, that stupid drum. Who didn't hate it? I ONLY could go through it without debug after Rlan told me the past year how to do it. Before that, I tried making harder jumps using to Sonic and Tails (some people could do it), but I even searched for hidden passages at the higher places! Man, that part was probably the trickiest one that the Sonic Team ever made...

Later we have the Sonic 1 Lz3 boss, but that's another story... It's just having good enough skills for avoiding the traps...

9. Flygon

Flygon

Umm, can you please tell me how to get past that barrel? If you can spare some time to tell me how, thank you.

10. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    The drum from CNz2? It's easier than it looks. If you press up while it's moving up it'll have more force when moving up. The same with down. So use up and down (according to its actual direction) for increase the force it's moving at. This only works with that drum.

11. No, I think it works with any drum that bounces, but not the ones that move on a horizontal or vertical axis.

My least favorite area used to be the infamous CNZ2 drum; before I figured out the up and down thing, I wasn't able to advance past CNZ with Sonic and Tails. The bumper area Knux mentioned also used to give me loads of trouble, although somehow it doesn't anymore. Now, my least favorite area is the holes in Mystic Caves that are too deep to jump out of and have spikes in the bottom. That's just mean. Why not either make it quick and painless with a bottomless pit or let me out?!

Also, please fix the spelling of "area" in the topic title and poll options, it's burning my eyes.

...And what does "(cont)" mean?

12. Shadow MK2

Shadow MK2

I really hate the pinball boss in Sonic CD. It takes me like 10 minutes to get up to Eggman.

I also really hate both of the Ice Cap bosses of Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

13. Knux13

Knux13

That caused a resurgence of painful memories.

14. I have a time attack record there that's something like 23 seconds, and to this day, I have no idea how I did it, and I've been completely incapable of reproducing it. Initially though, yeah, that boss was a pian in the arse for me. Same problem, can't get up there. I'll tell another place that's a pain in the butt in Sonic CD is the boss act for Metallic Madness. Just before the mini-boss fight, there's a huge pit with a bunch of springs, bumpers, collapsing ground, and those irritating little rotating platforms that drop you off occasionally. You have to use them all to get across, and when I first played this game (at like, age ten or so) it took me forever to get past the damn pit.

15. Shadow MK2

Shadow MK2

I hate that part too, but I've discovered a "glitch". If you want to jump to the solid platform, but the metal thing is down, you still can, just hold right, and Sonic will push against it 'till it goes up.

I remember when I used to suck at Hydrocity. Like, I would constantly get bitten by those metal fish, always running out of air, and the mini-boss was hell.

Now I hate Wacky Workbench. Especially when the floor bounces you up into a badnik or one of those wire-thingies.

And don't even get me started on the Lava Reef mini-boss.

16. Flygon

Flygon

Thank you very much for telling me how to get past there, its been bugging me since I got the DOS versoin of sonic 3 and knuckles mega collection, In reply to Lemming cont means continure because I was in fear of more than instended poll questions, I can't givaway the CD files because it will request a CD so it makes problems on hacking sonic 3 and knuckles (I don't know how to hack), it would probably be easyer to hack because its in DOS format, My appologys if I went really off topic.

Flygon

17. Yeah, I found that too. It'd be near impossible if you couldn't do that, though.

And yes, the Hydrocity piranha are evil incarnate. I can't tell you how many times I died with one of those accursed things hanging off the back of my head.

18. Knux13

Knux13

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=continure

If you want to get into S3K hacking, I can safely say you'll have a better go if you just do it using Genesis ROMs. As for the legality of those ROMs in relation to the PC Collection... don't ask me.

19. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    You guys suck at playing Sonic games.

20. Ha ha, very funny. :P

When you're little and you don't have much gaming experience, these things are harder than they seem to be now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.