don't click here

Windows 8 Pre-Beta now out

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Techokami, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Get the ISO here!
    Yeah, for the BUILD conference, Microsoft decided to release a preview build of Windows 8 for devs. In addition to regular 32-bit and 64-bit builds, there's a 64-bit build with a beta of the next Vistual Studio, and a ton of SDKs and sample code for working with Metro.

Be warned: Microsoft's servers are being hammered by people trying to download this. If you know of any good mirrors, please share.

2. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    I might check it out, if Steam and Left 4 Dead 2 and Minecraft work on it.
    edit: Reminds me of this thread. Though I guess this one technically came first.

3. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    If they don't, they all work on Linux, so that would be hilarious.

4. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    Well, Since this is the only chance I will get to download this for a while, I might as well grab it and test it out. Not having internet really sucks.

Before I replace my XP partition though, has anybody tested any of the previous builds? I'd like to know if it's worth it.

5. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Just virtual box'd this today. I fucking love windows 8. Wow...it combines that gooey interface people that are retarded love, and it also lets me do the shit I want. I will admit it's so geared for touch screen, but fuck it, I love touch screens. Im still messing with this now.