don't click here

Wii homebrew/emulators.

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Polygon Jim, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    New stuffs, yay! Someone cracked the homebrew channel, to have no time limit. Also there's a graphical homebrew loader now. So in the link below, there is the no time limit homebrew channel, snes9x, with wiimote/classic controller support. GenesisPlus. Homebrew channel with graphical loader(Looks like wii menu, except with homebrew.) And lots of homebrew games(Chess, snake, tetris, ect.).

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=b4e...621dfd4b6295786

Throw everything in there, onto the root of your SD card, and load up twilight princess, with the twilight hack. Follow the instructions on the screen, to install the homebrew channel. Once the channel is installed, take out your SD card, and put it back into the computer. Delete boot.elf, and rename homebrewlaunch.elf to boot.elf, and pop back into the wii. Go to the homebrew channel, let it load, and theres you homebrew :(

Update: here's is smsplus for wii.

Just take he homebrew, and smsplus folders and put them on the root of the sd card. It's loadable from the homebrew channel.
    http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=ddc...4ff1cb3b49146d3

OLD STUFFS!:

Has anyone here tried it? I don't have a gamecube pad, so I can't really test it out much.

info here if you haven't heard about it.

http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3919

Hopefully they will get full wii support, so the classic controller and stuff can be used.

2. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    Tested it myself, and I say it is pretty well-built. Apart from messing the music up on Megaman the wily wars, It has pretty good support for games and hacks alike. Upon testing it, I also found that if you play a Sonic 2 hack that has the ported S1 sound driver (minus the "DAC fix"), that it will actually have the DAC when you play it, unlike it's computer counterparts. In fact, I have it running right now.

It features front SD support to load roms too, which is cool. Now if only the homebrew channel would be released so I wouldn't have to keep booting Twilight princess to load the .elf...

3. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Cool, I'm thinking about getting a used Gamecube controller. I have nothing else I'll use it for, but It's worth it to playing Genesis games for free on wii instead of paying $8. SUCK IT NINTENDO! :P

Does it auto-load the ROMS when you start it up? I found a DDR mat in my house, and its a Gamecube controller so I was able to mess in the menu. But in the load rom option I didn't see the front SD slot on it.

4. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

The newest version of the emulator was released on the 6th, it has the front SD support and also corrects the megaman wily wars music bug.

5. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    I must have an old version then, I got it on the 5th :P

EDIT: I also regret to inform everybody, that there's a hole in the ass of my pants :<

6. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Double post.

I got the new version of it :( And I must say.. Sonic 1 with DDR mat is effing hard!

I uploaded the newest version if anyone here wants to try it.

Just rename the .elf file to boot.elf and put it in the main directory. And make a genplus/roms directory for roms Just load it with the Twilight hack.

http://files.filefront.com/genplusgx+08040...;/fileinfo.html

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I really want the Homebrew channel to come out soon. :(

8. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Ya, poping in Twilight Princess gets annoying after a while. But sad thing is Nintendo could probably stop the channel really easy. Just pop a firmware update on all games, that uninstalls the channel. Theres already a way to remove channels with homebrew, so that means Nintendo could do it.

9. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

That's what the newest update will do, or so I've heard. I suggest not updating if your at 3.2. Also, I can only imagine how hard a sonic game could be using a ddr mat. xD

10. Flygon

Flygon

Meanwhile, this topic makes me realise how far Wii homebrew has gone =P

Anyway, I have a question about Genesis Plus for the Wii, it is as good as it is made out to be?

*Needs Twilight Princess*

11. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    seemed perfect to me, but all I had was a ddr mat. It works with all the sonic games I've tried. sorry for typo's and grammer. posting on wii :P

edit: works great :D I got myself a controller today. worked on everything I tried. megamix is win on the tv sorry for crap spelling im on th wii

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Wow, according to the documentation it also emulates the lateral borders correctly... Can't wait to try it.

13. Robjoe

Robjoe

If you can't handle typing properly on a Wii, then simply don't post while you're on one. Problem solved.

That said, is there a possibility of homebrew not requiring Twilight Princess in the near future? I don't really like the Zelda series, so it seems like a waste to buy the game just for homebrew purposes. =\

14. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    They are coding the homebrew channel right now, so yes. But Nintendo could patch that in like 1 minute's worth of work. :< All they have to do is put the update on all games. Which would make you unable to play any new games unless you give up the homebrew channel.

15. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

I thought the same thing when I had to buy a Grand Theft Auto game for my psp, just to downgrade the firmware.

16. Phredreeke

Phredreeke

Oldbie
    Yes and no. They can easily put out an update blocking homebrew channels and discs. But we can just as easily hack any game to skip the System Menu update (but still install the necessary IOS files) and keep using an old version.

17. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

But that would most likely require a modified Wii, wouldn't it?

18. Phredreeke

Phredreeke

Oldbie
    Correct.

19. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Then I'd have to buy myself another Wii, because I do not want to risk ruining my current one. =/

20. Flygon

Flygon

That or they make a secondary disk channel that bypasses the disks auto-patch =P