don't click here

Wii Component Cable Woes

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by bolt7, Feb 11, 2011.

1. bolt7

bolt7

I've been having a problem with my Wii since I moved back home from Uni, and it's really bugging me (to the point of where I just can't play it.) :argh:

I have a three year old Bush 26" HDTV and am running the Wii through component (as RGB looks absolute crap with the Wii on this telly.) Every so often, no matter if I'm running on 480p, 480i or 570i, the screen goes back for around three or four seconds. It comes up with the screen settings in the top left corner (like when a HDTV adjusts from say, 1080p to 720p, etc) and it does this more often depending on how long I'm playing.

I've been searching online, but have only found a few things specifically related to this issue (as the Wii supposedly has another 'black screen' problem, too.) I figured it might be the cable; so I decided to buy a new one from Amazon. Same problem.

Does anyone have any idea what's causing this? Like I say, it's extremely irritating and what's more annoying is the fact I may have just wasted a tenner on buying another cable. = =

Cheers.