don't click here

Why Gloves?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Heran Bago, Dec 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonic 65

Sonic 65

Tech Member
    Without the gloves, Sonic would morph into a GIANT COCKTOPUS OF MAGICAL PROPORTIONS AND EXCRUCIATINGLY FUCKED UP SIZE! THE GLOVES ARE THE ONLY THING STOPPING THE COCKTOPUS FROM GETTING OUT! =O

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Okay... This is where you stop. I don't know if you noticed, but we were actually having a real discussion for once here.

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    :o

4. Spindash54

Spindash54

Did you ever wonder how he spins in place? Member
    Ack, my mind visualized his red shorts as a shirt/vest for some reason.

Add shoes to that list too.

5. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    rofl yea. This is the most serious conversation ever.

6. Shade

Shade

Oh, but it is. It is extremely important that we understand why Sally wears her vest open, and we are exposed to countless Amy pantie shots and Rouge's cleavage :P

As for why gloves? Because Yuji Naka and Naoto Oshima say so.

7. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    I think that it is a difference between US and Japanese naked furry art. Dic drew Sally very naked compared to Rouge.

8. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I never said it was serious, just real. =P

9. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Yeah, that furry whore Sally needs to learn to be more modest like Rouge. :rolleyes:

10. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Banned
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    That is definantly the weirdest statement made this week, that I have read.

11. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Thanks. I'm honored. We should start having a post of the week/month/whatever, huh? =P

12. Tails 155

Tails 155

Pending Member
    gloves seem to be a staple of mascot-y characters... there are some exceptions... but even most exceptions have something on their hands... or maybe no hands?

13. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Okay, I'll agree. Now would you mind forking over some of your sheeps' feathers to make a bed?

Meh, hands are hard to draw. Gloves -- particularly ones like Knuckles's -- are easier. That's really where it all began. Soon it became tradition. At least, that's my take on it.

14. Ergo

Ergo

HA HA! ESTOY USANDO EL INTERNET! Pending Member
    North America
    pillow
    There are a few reasons why animals wear gloves in games. It may be to make them look not like an animal. Here are some of those reasons.
    Most of the time, I see animals in gloves in Sonic the Hedgehog games. For example, in Sonic Rush, almost all, if not all, animals in the game wear gloves. Video game animals wear golves a lot of the time. The gloves are usually white. In addition, it isn't only the animals in the video games that wear gloves. Mario wears gloves, and they're those kind with the lines on them. You usually see animals wearing that kind. I don't see real people wearing those white gloves too often.
    Gloves also make them more human-like. For example, the animals in the game talk, so if they act like humans, they should dress like them too. off the top of my head, I can't name any cartoon animals that wear gloves and talk. Think of Yogi Bear. He is a very sophistocated picinic bazket theif. He dresses and talks like a normal person would. He also walks and steals like a human. In conclusion, some cartoon animals are more human than they are animal.
    The reason these characters wear gloves might be so that they don't get their hands dirty. In Sonic Advance 1, if you press B as Sonic, he will do a somersault/slide where he vaults with his hands at the beginning. He wouldn't want to get his hand cold if he were somersaulting in Ice Mountain Zone. He also wouldn't have to wash his hands after eating a messy chillydog because he has gloves on. In Sonic Advance 2, Cream eats ice cream for her waiting animation. If it was a sunny day in Neo Green Hill Zone, that ice cream would melt all over her hands. The result is sticky hands. However, that wouldn't be the case if she were to wear gloves.
    There are so many possible reasons why our furry, animated friends wear gloves. Maybe it just looks cool. There is one thing I can say. You just got essay'd.

15. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    That essay seems so forced, droning on to try and prove a point even though it isn't. Reminds me of how I used to write them. =P

You get a C- since you tried. :P

16. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Yogi Bear doesn't wear gloves. =(

17. RattleMan

RattleMan

Oldbie
  18. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    There was also that episode where Eggman steals Sonic's shoes and replaces them with stone (or something similar). As he wakes up, before he puts his socks on, he also has human feet. haven't seen that one in a while, though.

19. His feet look odd? How about TAILS looks odd. =P

Comparing S-AM/AoSTH with official Sega/what Sega intended (if they intended) is like comparing assholes and orgys...er...apples and oranges. S-AM/AoSTH is a totally different world.

You know the Sonic community has run out of stuff to work on when we start wondering what Sonic's (and others) feet look like. =P

20. RattleMan

RattleMan

Oldbie
    Sorta. The episode was named "Mystery of the Missing Hi-Tops", and (SPOILER) Robotnik doesn't steal them. Someone else does, and Sonic goes on a hunt to find who took them.

Here's a picture (yes, I am that bored):

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/6188/aosthhitop0gg.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.