don't click here

why doesn't SCD

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by POIZON THE HEDGEHOG, Dec 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raVen

raVen

He Returns Soon......... Pending Member
    anyone who would want 98 over xp is just crazy, xp is faster and much better over all(and I've had 98 forever)

2. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Well, I'm getting an XP laptop (looks behind him at the laptop that he's buying), and I don't really need to worry about any of this, cause I have the DirectX version. And if I need DOS, I can just copy it off this computer! CAUSE THIS THINGY HAS WIN FREAKING 95, buddy! Yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about!

3. raVen

raVen

He Returns Soon......... Pending Member
    what like I havent had 95? anywho IF you need the 98 iso bad enough, I could give it to you, but I expectsome snort of a reward

4. NickW

NickW

Why the Win 98 ISO. Why not just post the MS-DOS iso.

5. ClavierTekky

ClavierTekky

I thought SCD runs in a Windows 9X Kernel Base... Why do you guys need a DOS ISO? I think I tried installing DOS on a newer Windows once. I think it displayed that the DOS version I was installing was out of date and closed the installation program.

6. XFox Prower

XFox Prower

x86 Assembly, Tails Search Assistant
    There's an oxymoron :lol:. You'd need a cd-rom driver to use a cd-drive in DOS. And it's possible to open arj, zip, lha, and rar archives in DOS with software, but I'm not sure about iso. If you want to install DOS, you're going to need some floppies that were formatted or were made bootable. You might have to reformat your computer as FAT12 as well. And as far as I know, newer computers (or it may just be mine) don't boot from floppies anymore. There doesn't seem to be any options in newer bios chips.

Anyway, if you want, I can send anyone all the files (that I have, which is most, but not all) of DOS 6.22 (about 5 mb compressed).

7. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    I still dun have to worry. I currently have Sonic CD running off my ME machine, but if I wanted actual DOS...

Then I'd pull my 3.1 machine out. =P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.