don't click here

What will Sega Retro do about TV Series?

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by JaxTH, Nov 20, 2014.

1. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I know we make pages about movies that have been based on SEGA's stuff, but what about TV series?

I just finished up pages for basically all the Shining albums (sans Drama CDs) but there was also a Shining anime series that came out with an OST (That isn't in the template so I haven't tried to add it yet) and right now I'm working on the Virtua Fighter albums and that too had an animated series that came out with a soundtrack. I WOULD make pages for these but we don't even have pages about the TV series that are directly SEGA related like Valkyria Chronicles,(not to mention all the stuff SEGA is involved in apparently) but I wouldn't know how to even approach making pages for TV series.

So what do?

2. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    I think they can be handled in much the same way as any VHS/DVD, with minor additions to template:bob for episode counts and airdates. Don't bother creating an article for every episode like you would on Sonic Retro; a list/table will suffice.

3. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    A page for every TV series, with a table for episode lists (I guess a bit like how Wikipedia handles it).

When it comes to scans things will likely get messy because how many episodes are stuck on a VHS/DVD varies between regions. But we can work around that at a later date.

If you get to Sakura Taisen (super mega congrats if you do), you should find yourself making several pages, even though it's all part of the same continuity:

Sakura Taisen TV, a TV series.
    Sakura Taisen: Oukakenran, the first OVA
    Sakura Taisen: Goukakenran, the second OVA
    Sakura Taisen: Ecole de Paris, the third OVA
    Sakura Taisen: Le Nouveau Paris, the fourth OVA

(there's also Sakura Wars: The Movie but we've got a page for that)

EDIT: oh and also there's a Sumire special and a New York one.

4. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Answer - Virtua Fighter (anime) (like that).

Although we'll need a list of episodes and their original air times and whatever. And details for all the language dubs and VHS/DVD releases in all regions.