don't click here

What to do when winamp..

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Dogstar, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Dogstar

Dogstar

Peace Dog Member
    Shows (no Artists) and (no albums) when you dragged and dropped them in. Obviously a tagging issue, but foobar and itunes can read the file information just fine. Is there a way to force scan/read the file info in winamp?

2. TmEE

TmEE

Master of OPL3-SA2/3 Tech Member
    Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    You need to go into options and make it scan files during add, not just during playback. When you add bunch of files it will be slow.

3. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Alternately, there is also an option (at least last time I used Winamp) that will only read metadata for files actually visible in the playlist window which is a sort of middle ground. It won't be as slow when initially adding songs to the playlist, but it will be a bit slower as you scroll through them the first time (but once it's already read the data, it will cache it at least until a new playlist is built).

4. What LocalH said should be the default for Winamp's settings, at least in 2.95RC (I refuse to use something else :P)

5. TmEE

TmEE

Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    It is default on 5.35 too

6. Dogstar

Dogstar

Peace Dog Member
    So...add to new playlist and transfer to local media? also, wheres the option to make it scan files during add?
    Yup, I've neglected winamp since forever =(

7. TmEE

TmEE

Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    http://tiido.rocketcat.info/BitShit/WinampSetting.png

8. Dogstar

Dogstar

Peace Dog Member
    ^ well, did that and the issue is still there. About several hundred songs with (no album) and (no artists).