don't click here

What kind of stuff goes into makeing a new enemy?

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by .hack//zero, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

Working on a vulkan game engine for fun. Learning Ray-Tracing.
    I know, I need to know assembly for this. I should be possible to show me the basic crap right? Like what makes the enemy move, hurt sonic, set the palette row, size. Shit like that.

2. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    New enemy behaviour patterns. Goes way past an 'ordinary hack' and a lot closer to a 'new Sonic game'.

And try to make new boss shapes & behaviour while you're at it.
    Hope someone can help you out. Go for it man!

3. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

That's what I'm trying to do. I really am trying to make it better than a ordinary hack.

4. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

He's waiting.... Tech Member
    S4: Cybernetic Outbreak
    Check SHIT for the SST Values and go from there.

5. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    It's basically having specific "sub-subroutines" as I call them that handle object movement, any sounds to play, how to react if sonic's near... etc.

However, I'm not much of an object programmer though, so I'm not that much help.

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    It would be great to have some of the enemies' code fully documented so you could experiment a little by modifying them, and possibly adding stuff from others, etc.

For example, if the motobug, buzz bomber and ball hog were documented, somebody could make an enemy that constantly runs back and forth until Sonic gets near him and then launches a bouncy ball towards him.

Also, adding some objects to the mix, the possibilities would be endless: a fake lamp-post that can hurt you, badniks who need to be destroyed in order to open a door, spikes you can smash from the sides like the Green Hill walls, monitors that rise from the ground when activating a switch... Neat stuff like that, which could be easily achieved with those objects fully documented, and some imaginative people.

7. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

Married life <3
    I've been working on commenting every line of code within the Spin Dash and Super Sonic subroutines, so I could give a whack at that. I'm confident I wouldn't screw up my commenting. I'll see about commenting crabmeat or something.

8. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

That would help me out so much it would be unfreakin believable. Mainly because it would help me in a way that I learn the easiest. Thunderspeed, Please comment on a couple enemies, and a boss in sonic 2.

9. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

Married life <3
    I could promise a few enemies, however, a boss would be pretty dificult, as I'm not 100% sure as to what some the the adress registers mean yet. Something like $1C(a0), which just happens to be the current animation.

10. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

Just doing what you can do would work fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.