don't click here

What I need to know...

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Vorde, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vorde

Vorde

Pending Member
    Hello,
    I got this idea a long time ago from a stupid T-Shirt I saw at a local shop. It said "Chronic the Hemphog" and showed Sonic the Hedgehog green, stoned, and smoking a joint. :lol: I thought this was pretty funny. Anyways, it gave me a game hack idea that I could hack Sonic 1, 2, and 3 (or more) with crude adult humor and "Chronic" instead of Sonic in the games.
    I've already worked on some of it, but soon gave up as knowing too little about what to do. I was mostly just using some hex editing tweaks, and tools for Sonic hacking. It was fun but now all I have is a modified first level, and a green Sonic who smokes pot when you let him stand too long :D

I just need to know these few things:
    - Has this been done before
    - Is this worth hacking?
    - How the hell do you change the name of the zone and make it appear before the level? (Like when you enter a zone it says the name and flies away. How do you change the text in that?)
    - lol, what should I do to tails?

Thanx!

2. Deathbyteacup

Deathbyteacup

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons. Member
    ESEII has a Title Card editor if I recall. I guess you could use that.

I don't think so.

that's up to you.

Turn him into a prostitute.

3. Miles Prower

Miles Prower

Renard Oldbie
    No way ?_?

</fanboyism>

4. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    Don't Touch Tails! He is a god! [/fanboy]

If your going to hurt Tails's Image, make him a Gangsta.

5. Verse

Verse

Posts once a year. Oldbie
    Pomona, CA , USA
    Freedom Planet Soundtrack
    Wanna change tails? Make him an emo teenager.

Edit: Just like me and most everyone else here.

6. Vorde

Vorde

Pending Member
    I'm a teen and why is everyone so EMO lately. Lighten up! anyways, I'm, going to work on it, and I don't know what I should do to tails now. Him as a prostitude would be freakin' hilarious, but as an emo would be funny too...hmm... *lotsa thinking*

7. Verse

Verse

Posts once a year. Oldbie
    Pomona, CA , USA
    Freedom Planet Soundtrack
    How about "Emo prostitute" ? Or, take it one step further and go for "Emo prostitute gangsta"

8. Vorde

Vorde

Pending Member
    Well, I guess I would have to think it over, but since I'm doing Sonic 1 first, I don't have to worry about tails...or do I :D (me thinks I gots an idea). But anyways, it's probably impossible or near it, so for a first time hack I'm going to stick to sick humor and adult content :P
    Hopefully, I might be able to have some screenshots by next week.

9. Wemes

Wemes

You should give tails an asshole. :P

10. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    I've done a hack like that, althogh I never released it publicly, it was just something to pass the time in class. I had sonic with a smoldering joint in his mouth, and his eyes half shut. I decided to just edit tail's head out and make his neck a bloddy stump, so I had a crude blood spurting animation.

11. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    RELEASE IT. NOW.

XD

Seriously that sounds amazing. And good luck to Vorde on his idea too :(

12. Vorde

Vorde

Pending Member
    Anyways, so I guess I will make him a gay emo. I thought it would be funny to have an emo teenager having sexual obsessiveness with Sonic :lol:
    Also, I'm going to have to start on level design soon. So what would be the first thing I should work on? Sprite editing or level design.
    Wait...why am I leaving this up to you guys? :blink:
    Well, hope to have something done soon. Talk to you later :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.