don't click here

What hazard do you hate the most in Sonic?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Volpino, Apr 23, 2010.

Which hazard do you hate the most in Sonic games?

1. Badniks/enemies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Spikes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Lava

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Hazardous obstacles (Crushing blocks, tredmills leading into spikes, etc)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Bosses

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Bottomless pits

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Water

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Volpino

Volpino

Things are looking up! Member
    A secret. >:3
    I was thinking about which obstacle everyone hated the most a while ago so I decided to make a poll and discussion topic out of it.

As for me, I hate water... Other obstacles are meant to be avoided at all costs, but water can't be avoided and even though it's dangerous to stay under for too long you still have to brave it in some parts of Sonic games. Those parts always turn me into a pansy, even on games like SA2 with Knuckles where you could breathe under water with a special item. I don't know why, but on any game, especially 3-D games, going into deep water, even with infinite air, freaks me out. I'm not hydrophobic... Only when it comes to deep water. It's not such a big fear for me on games like Sonic 3 and Tails Adventures though since it's graphics don't exactly make the water look frighteningly deep, but it's still my least favorite obstacle because it always seems like the one I die on the most, especially in really confusing levels like Aquatic Ruin Zone, Launch Base Zone 2 or Tidal Plant Zone from Triple Trouble.

So, to the rest of the community, what do you hate, and why?

2. I think there are good and bad elements to some of these, but I would have to say bosses because there are a few that stick out in my mind (especially in the Game Gear games) for their punishing design.

Seriously, has anyone ever managed to beat Robotnik in Ice Cap Zone without being frozen at least once? :v:

3. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    I voted Badniks, but I had one in mind in specific. Skorp.

I hate that guy with a fiery passion.

4. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Bottomless pits. Namely the cheap ones.

5. randomselect

randomselect

?!?! Member
    Nothing recently
    I chose Hazardous Objects. I hate being crushed or hit by spikes during a speed moment.

I love spikes in general though.

6. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    All of the above and tentacle rape. :v:

All of these give me trouble in certain levels.

7. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Forget Shellcracker and Slicer, these two guys can go to hell (the latter is only really a nuisance on the GG, though).

Sonic Advance 3 has quite a lot of poorly-placed hazards in my opinion. That one crushing block in Route 99 gets me every time. Oh yeah, and Altitude Limit.

EDIT: Almost forgot.

[​IMG]

Invulnerable to any attack, spreads flares, and can walk on ceilings? Screw you, sir.

Most hazards generally don't really bother me unless poorly-placed. I actually kind of like water... Yeah, it slows you down, but it makes stages more interesting to play.

8. Volpino

Volpino

So I guess people really hate bottomless pits. :v: So do I, but only because I'm stupid enough to fly over them as Tails and see what's on the other end. :specialed:

9. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    I REALLY hate bottomless pits. I sometimes thought Heroes was this endurance round of avoiding those pits than just reaching the ending ring.

10. Nik Jam

Nik Jam

The Man Oldbie
    East Bay, California
    Sonic Mode: Sounds of the Universe (But not really)
    I swear, the badniks in Metropolis are not avoidable.

11. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    Why am I not the least bit surprised by which answer is leading in the polls?

12. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    I'll have to say water. I can avoid pits and spikes just fine, but Labyrinth Zone forever scarred my childhood. There are certain Badniks that give me problems, Metropolis Zone Badniks and Caterkiller specifically, but water remains my prime enemy.

13. Pinkerton

Pinkerton

サメジマ・マミミ Oldbie
    the cheap death spike pit in Mystic Cave Zone. The inescapable one.

14. The hazards are welcome additions to any stage because they lend to better stage design, and add more challenge, granted they're well-placed and not set-up as asshole bastard-traps. Bottomless pits, conversely, are more or less a universal sign of laziness and incompetence. Sonic Advance 2? Exactly.

15. Volpino

Volpino

I know how you feel... Except I feel that way about Launch Base.

It...Was...Impossible...

I'm positive everyone understands this. I wouldn't ask the devs of a game to remove them, but that doesn't change my opinion about it. Just because someone openly says "I HATE THIS!" because it's hard for them, doesn't mean they think they should remove it, just that they hate it and dread having to do it. It can make some interesting discussions, or in this case, just showcase what's the most and least disliked in a game. (And without things we hate doing in games, it's harder to appreciate the easy things that make one feel all bad-ass unstoppable when they're on a roll.)

16. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    [​IMG]

After all the years of pain and suffering from the likes of this object, need honestly I say more?

17. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    That goddamn thing turned me away from Sonic 3 for a long time. I thought my cartridge was busted. Damn you, mysterious floating barrel! :argh:

18. Volpino

Volpino

OH GOD NO! :tinfoil:

That barrel is evil, pure evil, because it took me seven years to beat! Seven! And it turned away the only person that would play co-op on Sonic 3 with me... The barrel took away so much from me.

I hate you barrel, I hate you so much. :argh:

19. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Bottomless pits truly are a nuisance, but nothing impedes my progress and interrupts the flow of the game for me more than obstacles/objects that can crush you. By far the most common instant killer in the Megadrive games.

20. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Bottomless Pits, like someone said, especially the cheap ones. Can't manouver your way out of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.