don't click here

What did you like about Shadow and Sonic 06?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by VB.NET, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuddy

tuddy

In both cases, the soundtracks are brilliant. I actually own the vocal tracks album for Shadow (worth it for All Hail Shadow and I Am...), and am looking into buying the Sonic 2006 soundtrack CD.

Shadow was, in my opinion, a half-decent game. I liked the branching storylines (and the fact there are, like, 700 different ending variations or something). The fact the homing attack is hard to aim correctly in some sections is a disappointment, though, because I used to like switching between guns and homing attacks (to add variety, mostly). The actual storyline was hilariously bad, as was the dialogue (the DAMN fourth emerald and DA COMPUTER ROOM spring to mind here). In general, it's still a pretty fun game, as long as you're not expecting anything amazing.

2006 was, outside of the music, just really disappointing. Comparing the early footage and demos to the "finished" product is just depressing in some ways, because you can see that Sonic Team -wanted- to make a good game, and actually tried, but time constraints lead to that... mess. At least Silver's Time fuckery causes the events of the game to never happen, I suppose. Now, if only that worked in real life, so the -good- Sonic 2006 could get a release.

2. RankoChan

RankoChan

I'm bored, k? Member
    Some random RPG project.
    I actually liked Shadow the Hedgehog better than Heroes mostly due to the level designs being slightly better in my opinion, plus I didn't really mind the weapon system. The cutscenes gave me a good laugh because of the cheesy dialogue (I am Shadow Android!/Find the computer room!) and the soundtrack was really good.

Now as for Sonic '06, eh... this was actually the last Sonic game I've played. Mainly for reasons involving this game.
    I managed to beat Sonic's story and quit after trying to finish all the missions (that break the box one :argh: ). The level and enemy designs were good I guess? I also dig the soundtrack on this one too (His World comes to mind).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.