What are the best parts of the Sonic Games?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by BlackHole, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Sprites for Cybernetic Outbreak
    I've heard read repeated arguements over the internet over which Sonic game is superior. Sonic 1, 2, 3K, CD, Chaotix etcetc. However, I'd prefer to take a deeper look. What do you think is the best game for things such as Level Layout, art, gameplay, etc?

An example of what I mean, would be
    Sonic 3K is the best for artwork, as it delivers beautiful and completly different backgrounds and foregrounds for each Zone.
    Sonic CD is the best for music, as the beats are catchy and matches up perfectly to each zone.*
    etcetc

Please don't argue over different opinions. This isn't limited to the Mega Drive games, either. It can be from the Master System games up to the Current Gen games.

*This is not my actual opinion, as I've never truely payed attention to these details

2. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Well, this is gonna sound stupid to some (read: all) of you, but to me, it's Sonic Adventure 2, because the story is nicely written given the series, the music kicks major ass, the textures on some of the characters, objects, walls etc. look really good for the time (and you may find out more stuff by ripping some of 'em, like what Rouge's report actually had written on it), and the gameplay is fun and got one of the most important factors to me - variety.

3. A few aspects. Some had multiple, others not so much. Really my favorite parts are the music, but I really like it if it has good level layouts, ect.
    Sonic CD ftw- I loved the music, the layouts, and the time traveling concept.

4. Special stages. Especially CD's.

5. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    The music. It's always been good. Sonic 3's / S&K's special stages (I don't usually like special stages), Sonic Adventure's (& SA2's) deep complex multi-prospective storyline, the game play of Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles + Adventure Series, and the speed power boost of the Rush series press Y and Sonic takes off at full speed rightaway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.