Weird Sonic 2 Magazine stuff somebody else found

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Metal Man88, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    There's these weird magazine scans I found over at the SSMB, which were (obviously) scanned by somebody nicknamed Hogfather. Credit goes to them, of course, but I was interested in what you guys think of them. There's plenty of obviously fake content in those articles (which may extend to nearly everything) but it appears like they might have some really early concepts in them.

Or it could all be fake. Feel free to hurl things at me if that's what happens. >.>

Weird Sonic 2 Beta Magazine stuff topic?

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Misfit
    Ooh, I remember this, it was posted here a while back. I'll see if I can find the topic.

3. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    Wow, that's a perfect example of how to NOT do journalism.

From SS:

That Sonic 2 CD thing *is* Sonic CD. The whole time travel stuff talk was about Sonic 2 CD - Sonic CD. I don't know why the hell people insist on saying that Sonic 2 MD was supposed to have time travel.

4. RAMPKORV

RAMPKORV

Oldbie
    Sweden
    Licking my girlfriend's anus <3
    I've seen people on usenet discussing Sonic CD referring to the "Mega CD version of Sonic 2". I have no idea how Sega originally announced the game, and no opinion on the matter, though.

5. JoseTB

JoseTB

Tech Member
    http://www.s2beta.com/sketches/bumper

I doubt they would have made mention of "present" and "past" zones without time travel in mind.

6. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    It's like saying that Sonic was supposed to be a rabbit or a fatass.

7. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Heh, nice to know the dubious quality of the 'time travel' thing. 'Course, that magazine had a number of weird things in it, like that strangely stretched picture of Sonic and the piston from the second stage of Sonic 1. It just didn't make any sense to me, seeing as Sonic's sprite isn't even stretched during the game... especially not his title screen sprite. :P

8. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    Because it's been quoted, and because there's suggestive evidence. I'm not going to debate anyone on this because I don't feel like it. You can't prove it wasn't going to have time travel, therefore it's not closed-book.

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    As far as we know, it was initially planned but never implemented...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.