don't click here

Wave Ocean in SADX

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by maddflash, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Found this little gem on youtube and thought it deserved more recognition. I am unsure to wheather the creator is a member here.
    This is definatly worth more than 305 views.

BE FOREWARNED, THE AUDIO AND VIDEO IS OUT OF SYNC

AND NO, THIS IS NOT A TEXTURE HACK

Please note: This was not created by me.

2. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Actually it's not worth anymore views than that as it takes roughly 5 minutes to do, and also he has it textured wrong, and he's using the wrong flags so all the grass has footprints.

3. Oh, im am completely out of tune with SADX hacking, I just enjoy the hacking videos. Plus, Wave ocean is by far my favourite level. This is the only video I could find though. No one else seems to want to post any new videos on SADX hacking, and I watch out for them like a hawk. Apologies for the ignorance :)

4. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    You have it done right, Jim? Not being assholeish, I know you know what you're talking about, I just want to see it done properly. This impresses me as it is. :v:

5. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

I might set up a proper one sometime. Most of it will be annoying to do right with actual physics. The loops weren't built for physics and autoloop is a dickface to use.

6. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Ahh, fair enough. Even if you have to tweak the level a bit, I think a lot of people would be excited to see 2K6 running on a good engine.

7. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    While it is nice that SADX is getting love, that model is ass ugly.

8. This. I would really enjoy playing all Sonic 06 levels on Sonic Adventure DX. This would probably make it the most ultimate game of all time.

Also. Here is another wave ocean video, I wish this guy would let on more than he shown in the video.

9. Why do the textures look so horrible, SADX can do better...right? Why'd he make sonic's head so huge, while I don't really like SADX' original model, that just looks like someone used gmod's inflator tool on sonic.

10. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    I don't think it's the fact that the textures look horrible, I think it's that the level is completely unlit. Everything is at the same lighting level; there's no shadows to speak of anywhere at all.

This is also a problem with Damizean's Blitz3D Sonic engine that goes around. Everybody who makes levels for the darn thing never bothers to bake any shadows so they're all flat and uninteresting.

11. Fiamonder

Fiamonder

Amsterdam
    Sonic Generations & Knuckles
    The creators of 'Sth360DX' are Mefiresu and Tiggo. Mefiresu rips the models, and Tiggo exports them if I recall. I got this stage yesterday from Mefiresu, and those loops are a pain to do. And I agree with Jimmy, the flags are uncorrect, and what I hate about it is that it's missing alot of collisions, so you can't stand on most of the models. I could say that the stage is only playable for 30 seconds.

12. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

Can you them to stop being retarded and using the cave texture on the walls? It makes it look terrible.

13. But, I am the type of person who will keep on playing those 30 seconds forever. Well, atleast until a better version is released.

14. Solution: Get used to the buggy piece of crap that is Sonic 2006, and play that. : > And it's all done!

15. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Is that 06's Super Sonic? The head actually looks pretty good there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.