don't click here

Water Walking

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Trigahd, Nov 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigahd

Trigahd

I am your gahd!! Member
    Somewhere in the skies
    Nothing worth mentioning
    Ok, I was playing Aquatic Ruin Zone the other day and I had activated debug mode for fun. Anyway, as I was playing I fell in the water and wanted to get out, because I liked the dry land better. So I changed in to a ring and pulled myself out and put Sonic on dry land. Then I started walking and noticed something different. Sonic was walking as if he was still in the water. Now I was playing a regular Sonic 2 rom, not a hack, and I was wondering what the heck was going on. I played my regular genesis and got the same results. Slow water walking on dry land. Heck, he was slower than the arrows the totem things shot out. I'm not sure if this has ever been reported or not, nor did I check, but would anyone like to post what they think might be the reason why this might have not been seen? Or whether or not they find this creepy? Thank you.

2. BtCE

BtCE

You probobly went into debug IN the water and left it IN debug and moved OUT of debug on land, which at times results in effects from water still present(Timer still going, water gravity ect.)

3. Trigahd

Trigahd

I am your gahd!! Member
    Somewhere in the skies
    Nothing worth mentioning
    No, normally when you exit out of debug mode and go on land all the effects of water are normally cancelled out since you're not in water, leaving Sonic to be who he normally is. There was no water timer, Sonic could still jump normally, he was just slower. So either I misexplained something or I'm just dumb (probably dumb).

4. BtCE

BtCE

What happened was more than likely a freak gluitch, because stuff similar to that happens to me in the final every now and then.

5. AmyBitch?

AmyBitch?

wub! Misfit
    Loving Simon
    Attribute 34 bit 5 will make Sonic walk like he was in the water.

6. BtCE

BtCE

How do you put that "R" sign in your name?! Please tell me.

7. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    You shouldn't know that..... bitch! *runs*

8. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Hold down the ALT key while on your numpad press 1,7,4. Release the ALT key. And you will have the ? sign

9. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    No, Actually this is quite normal. I have known about this for quite some time. The effects stay because the game dosen't tell sonic to get back to normal. This usually happens when you jump out of the water, but since you used debug it dosen't know to go back to normal speed, acceleration, ect ect.

10. DDRKhat

DDRKhat

Keep on runnin' to the finish! Member
    This happens many times and even though I don't know fuck about technical things I know why this is happening;

When Sonic goes under water his speed is replaced to X, where X = the value it is
    and it is triggered that once the playable charicter (Sonic) goes back up over the water-line it is then replaced back to Y , where Y = default Value

but leaving in Debug, Sonic isn't a playable character, so there for X isn't returned to Y, this also happens with the Shadow the hedgehog and XFoxPrower hack, and also the speed that everyone is hacking isn't the "default" ... its not Y because when shadow goes under-water then comes back up his speed is set to Y which is the actual default, so I reckon there is a "default speed" as in from the start... which I will call Z :D

11. XFox Prower

XFox Prower

x86 Assembly, Tails Search Assistant
    Its 0174 for me (don't know why the added 0 matters). Anyway, its interesting how the water effects stay, yet he won't drown on land once you leave debug.

12. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Yea, the zero must be there

13. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    OR you can get a ® by using :
    Code (Text):
    1. (R)

14. have some ligitmate proof?
    OMG trigun is on