don't click here

Using savestates

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Sonicfan 101, Jul 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How I use savestates I downloaded the one to play in hidden palace zone but how do I use it?

2. Simon

Simon

Oldbie
    First load the game itself (ROM). Then choose "load savestate" from one of the menus in the emulator.

3. Well I try to use the savestate to play on the glitchy hidden palace from your site Simon but when I do the emulator dosen't load it and it makes a high-pitched sound how can I open it I am using a version 2.11 Gens Geneisis emulator help me!!!!!

4. Simon

Simon

Oldbie
    The high-pitched sound usually means you were not using the correct ROM...
    Are you loading Sonic 2 Final? The glitchy HPZ savestate is meant for Sonic 2 Final, not Beta.

5. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Press Shift+F8, select the file and press Open.

Be sure you've loaded the right Sonic ROM first.

6. Yea I'm using Sonic 2 Final and it still makes that high pitched sound.

7. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Make a save state with Sonic 2 Final (Press F5 in Gens 2.11)

Then download my Sonic Scenario Tool, load Hidden Palace, and then open the save state (F8 in Gens 2.11)

Here is my Sonic Scenario Tool:
    http://chaos-emerald.virtualave.net/sthscene.zip

With Sonic Scenario, you can unlock almost every scene in Sonic 1 to Sonic & Knuckles without playing the game. Good? :(

8. What do I do to open up Hidden Palace Zone I downloaded your scene device now what do I do?

9. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Step 1: Open up Gens 2.11

Step 2: Open Sonic 2 Final

Step 3: Press F6 a few times until it says: "Slot 0"

Step 4: Press F5 at any time to save the state

Step 5: Press ESC (The screen will go blue) Don't close Gens!

Step 6: Open Sonic Scenario

Step 7: Select "File" on the menu and "Open Save State..."

Step 8: Open the file that has the same name as your Sonic 2 Final ROM, except for the ending, it shall have the ending: GS0. E.g: SONIC2.GS0

Step 9: Press "Yes"

Step 10: Select "Zone" under the Scenario border

Step 11: Select the zone: "Hidden Palace Act 1" in the select act box

Step 12: Press the"Close" button to save

Step 13: Back in Gens, press ESC to get rid of the blue color

Step 14: Press F8 to load Hidden Palace :(

14 easy steps :P

10. I can do nine steps successfully but when I get to step 10 I don't see zone any where.

11. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    It's a ratio button/option button. A little circle you press inside and it get checked.

It says "Zone" and not "zone" btw.

12. What do you mean?

13. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    [​IMG]

Just do as this screenshot and it will work :(

14. I see well whenever I open sonic 2 final with gs0 at the end of it I am taken to a black screen with no sound and the very bottom says
    C:\Program Files\WinZip\Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (1).gs0 loaded

15. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Try to press ESC.

If it doesn't work, then I cannot help you :(

16. I'm SUCH AN IDIOT!!!! I was clicking on files load save from the emulator instead of minizing it and going to winzip and opening it from there it works now sadly all that happens is that sonic keeps falling and dying thanks for your help L0ST. :D

17. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    You can select debug mode with the Scenario Tool. Then you don't have to let Sonic fall and die :(

18. I know I'm not even sure sega worked on the ROM because you should have a starting point and I have debug on and I can't find any solid spots.

19. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    That's because the level was removed. The pointer to the level is still there, and when it's loading up the level, it takes some random trash from Oil Ocean Zone.

20. I also noticed that after you complete the stage it takes you to oil ocean also there is one scrape of the level left at the beginning of the stage push right and you will land on solid ground this might be the only scarpe of the level left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.