don't click here

Upcoming Sonic 30th anniversary news coming 27th May

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ted909, May 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regarding colors ultimate it seems there's new skins, you can see sonic wearing yellow gloves with crome shoes in one of the snippets.

2. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    So Sonic in Sonic Prime is gonna make a self-discovery or something?

3. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    One day they'll release it for free, I'm sure.

4. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

it's a DREAM PARADOX Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    still absolutely loling at anyone who thought mania was going to be a continuous series or something when just about everyone involved in its development have already stated repeatedly that theyve moved on to other projects
    imo, its clear that sonic team knows that they cant satisfy 2d fans with new content themselves. if anything happens on the 2d front it is going to take a fair bit of time

5. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

Better than Sonic Genesis... Member
    I love the artystyle for those Sonic Colors shorts! I believe an artist at Sega introduced it for the comics and social media images, right?

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Seriously that should be a 30th birthday release. It just says "more info coming soon"

7. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    I haven't kept up much with Zippo stuff but isn't he the guy that said the next game would be an adventure style game with multiple playable characters? I sure hope he's right on that front lol.

Also a wisp being added to Colours would mean some actually new content? That'd be interesting.

8. Linkabel

Linkabel

Also, did anyone get the feeling that Sonic Origins and the new Sonic games might get animations/episodes as well?

Or is it safe to say that was just me misunderstanding.

9. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    The Sonic Colors animation did look nice, though I'm a bit surprised they're not doing the art they did for the Chao and TSR animation. Not that I'm complaining, though. Far from it. Not much new info on Sonic Prime, but still happy to see it being mentioned. I'm also happy that Nicholas Kole is involved, especially after him and pretty much every artist that worked on Spyro and Crash aren't working with Activision anymore. Sounds like Colors Ultimate is an Epic exclusive? That doesn't surprise me anymore. I already bit the bullet with THPS 1+2, so...eh. We'll see. As for the new Sonic teaser, it looks nice, but that's pretty much it.

Overall, a bit underwhelming, but I'm content.

10. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    Maybe that's what "Zap" will be?

11. RikohZX

RikohZX

All my years of seeing things with this series, and the massive Colors wank, imply to me the new game is going to basically be Colors 2. And if that's the case then I am not buying it if they have so little faith in trying to do something new that they instead double back to the one game they still think is popular.

I was hoping the leaks wouldn't basically be all there was to this, but nuts to me I guess. While it would be nice to have the Origins collection, the implication that 3&K is just emulated instantly kills any urge I actually have to buy it. And as a Steam user that ignores EGS, no Colors Ultimate on Steam means no buy from me either.

If this is what they spent 4 years trying to build up to after Forces, then I'm sorry but I am not impressed.

12. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    I've been saying this for months and so many people on here fought me on it, despite it being the most SEGA thing to do to have a game with a high critical reception and good sales and never do anything with it again.

Don't know if we've been keeping up with the same company for 20 years or not.

13. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    I expected no less
    Self-Discovery: my last ten years have been a mistake...

Anyway do we know if Tyson will be directing the Sonic Colors shorts?

14. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Oh god, the new Sonic game is going to be called Sonic Zippo, isn't it?

Anyway, on Rise of the Wisps:

To me this seems to be mimicking the artstyle of Yui Karasuno, responsible for the cover of the second IDW Sonic annaual, not to mention several illustrations posted on Sonic's Japanese social media.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. I can't be bothered to read through all of this, so pardon me if it's already been said...

But did anyone else notice how realistic the environment sonic was running through in the new game teaser was? Like, not even unleashed kind of realistic. Adventure and 06 kind of realistic. O.O

Also, I enjoyed the stream. So did almost everyone I know who's a sonic fan. The negativity seems to mostly be contained to the diehard sonic spaces.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Ted909

Ted909

the future kick your ass Member

Genuinely holding out a bit of hope for the original S3&K footage being a placeholder for the time being. If it isn't and we wait another year for a few redressed ports and a ROM, no sale for me at least.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Flygon

Flygon

That's the worst bit - it's entirely possible for an emulator to emulate the game in widescreen, with some effort.

Maybe the legal agreement means absolutely zero fiddling around with the game - outside of the music? Not even the emulator making sure things properly show in the expanded screen view?

18. Turbohog

Turbohog

Here's my take on Sonic Zap: it's another boost game with wisps, but this time there is an emphasis on speed = electricity because Sega saw that in the movie. Anyone who thinks it looks like an Adventure game is just seeing what they want to see.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

Better than Sonic Genesis... Member
    I wouldn't be surprised. Modification of the original game could mean renegotiation with whoever is causing such a fuss over it.

20. MagnusTheGreen

MagnusTheGreen

Stop Calling Me Moonlight Member
    Now that we know that Zippo was legit once again (called it btw) can someone link to his original posts? It'd just be helpful, considering he might have extra info?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.