True Colors: The Best of Sonic Hedgehog

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by OSM, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    <!--quoteo(post=363967:date=Oct 20 2009, 11:36 AM:name=Enzo Aquarius)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Enzo Aquarius @ Oct 20 2009, 11:36 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=363967">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=363948:date=Oct 20 2009, 01:54 PM:name=Sonic Warrior TJ)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sonic Warrior TJ @ Oct 20 2009, 01:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=363948">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also, would Fire Woman be a Blaze song?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Most likely, and this song has never been released before either, IIRC.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't think it has to be a Blaze the Cat song. There are a handful of songs on there that are not explicitly Sonic-related and are from other Crush 40 albums (Into the Wind, Revvin' Up).

Of course, there's also the theory that songs like Into the Wind, etc. were early stabs at Sonic's theme song, so maybe Fire Woman is tangentially Blaze the Cat related.

2. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    <!--quoteo(post=365690:date=Oct 25 2009, 01:27 PM:name=RevFirst)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RevFirst @ Oct 25 2009, 01:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=365690">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=363913:date=Oct 20 2009, 09:44 AM:name=OSM)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OSM @ Oct 20 2009, 09:44 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=363913">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[​IMG]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The hell's he doing? Staring at some invisible object he's holding?
    Maybe he WAS holding something, ate it, but still thinks he has it.
    More related matters, sounds good to me. Too bad I won't be able to actually buy a copy since I never see any of these albums in my area XD

3. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    <!--quoteo(post=365690:date=Oct 25 2009, 09:27 AM:name=RevFirst)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RevFirst @ Oct 25 2009, 09:27 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=365690">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=363913:date=Oct 20 2009, 09:44 AM:name=OSM)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OSM @ Oct 20 2009, 09:44 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=363913">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[​IMG]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The hell's he doing? Staring at some invisible object he's holding?

Hahaha, invisible sandwich.

4. <!--quoteo(post=365749:date=Oct 25 2009, 06:13 PM:name=BlazeHedgehog)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BlazeHedgehog @ Oct 25 2009, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=365749">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=363967:date=Oct 20 2009, 11:36 AM:name=Enzo Aquarius)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Enzo Aquarius @ Oct 20 2009, 11:36 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=363967">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=363948:date=Oct 20 2009, 01:54 PM:name=Sonic Warrior TJ)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sonic Warrior TJ @ Oct 20 2009, 01:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=363948">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also, would Fire Woman be a Blaze song?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't think it has to be a Blaze the Cat song. There are a handful of songs on there that are not explicitly Sonic-related and are from other Crush 40 albums (Into the Wind, Revvin' Up).

Of course, there's also the theory that songs like Into the Wind, etc. were early stabs at Sonic's theme song, so maybe Fire Woman is tangentially Blaze the Cat related.

Those non-Sonic songs are from a SEGA racing game (the title escapes me atm.)

Also @ cover art: "YES, I NOW POSSESS THE HAND OF POWAAARRR!!!!!"

5. Shadix

Shadix

Oldbie
    <!--quoteo(post=365772:date=Oct 25 2009, 01:01 PM:name=ThunderPX)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ThunderPX @ Oct 25 2009, 01:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=365772">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=365749:date=Oct 25 2009, 06:13 PM:name=BlazeHedgehog)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BlazeHedgehog @ Oct 25 2009, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=365749">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=363967:date=Oct 20 2009, 11:36 AM:name=Enzo Aquarius)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Enzo Aquarius @ Oct 20 2009, 11:36 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=363967">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=363948:date=Oct 20 2009, 01:54 PM:name=Sonic Warrior TJ)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sonic Warrior TJ @ Oct 20 2009, 01:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=363948">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also, would Fire Woman be a Blaze song?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Those non-Sonic songs are from a SEGA racing game (the title escapes me atm.)

Also @ cover art: "YES, I NOW POSSESS THE HAND OF POWAAARRR!!!!!"

NASCAR Arcade. I used to play it at the arcades.

Also:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also, regarding the Crush 40 album. Fire Woman is just a cover of a song by The Cult.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV8o1VmRftM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV8o1VmRftM</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This.

6. Super Klonoa

Super Klonoa

'Cause Super Sonic and the Super Saiyans ain't eno Oldbie
    Going away from the "awful" cover art discussion for a bit...the official Crush 40 site now has a preview of all the tracks found on the upcoming "Super Sonic Songs" album. You can listen to the preview here: <a href="http://www.crush40.net/" target="_blank">http://www.crush40.net/</a>

As much as it's hated, their new remastering of "His World" sounds much clearer than their original. "Ungratify" also sounds great as well.

7. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Dang, sounds very promising already.

8. Well, shit. I didn't remember that the Crush 40 "best of" album had remixes of other Sonic songs.

Looks like I'm shelling out some more dough this holiday season...

9. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    The Ungratifity cover sounds a lot better than I expected. I'm sure I'll be getting this from eBay soon. :v:

10. Clover

Clover

USA
    The TRUE COLORS - THE BEST OF SONIC THE HEDGEHOG Part2 's track list is finally revealed!

1. Un-gravitify
    2. Dreams Of An Absolution
    3. Throw It All Away
    4. E.G.G.M.A.N.
    5. Waking Up Performed by Julien-K
    6. This Machine Performed by Julien-K
    7. Fly In The Freedom
    8. My Sweet Passion
    9. Believe In Myself (SA2 Version)
    10. Unknown From M.E. (SA2 Version)
    11. Theme of E-102γ
    12. Cosmic Eternity - Believe in Yourself
    - Bonus Tracks -
    13. Look-a-like (Short Edited ver.)
    14. Sonic3 MegaD Mix
    15. Lazy Days -Livin' in Paradise- (Original Demo - Mixed with Ted Poley)
    16. All Hail Shadow (Hybrid Mix feat. Mike Szuter)
    17. Dreams Of An Absolution (Starry Night Remix)
    18. Open Your Heart (K-Klub Remix)

11. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Berkshire, England
    Learning Cymraeg
    And according to Sonic Team's blog, it's out tomorrow.

12. <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The TRUE COLORS - THE BEST OF SONIC THE HEDGEHOG Part2 's track list is finally revealed!

1. Un-gravitify
    2. Dreams Of An Absolution
    3. Throw It All Away
    4. E.G.G.M.A.N.
    5. Waking Up Performed by Julien-K
    6. This Machine Performed by Julien-K
    7. Fly In The Freedom
    8. My Sweet Passion
    9. Believe In Myself (SA2 Version)
    11. Theme of E-102γ
    12. Cosmic Eternity - Believe in Yourself
    - Bonus Tracks -
    14. Sonic3 MegaD Mix
    15. Lazy Days -Livin' in Paradise- (Original Demo - Mixed with Ted Poley)
    16. All Hail Shadow (Hybrid Mix feat. Mike Szuter)
    17. Dreams Of An Absolution (Starry Night Remix)
    18. Open Your Heart (K-Klub Remix)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Proof, please. Links?

13. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

Emerald Dragoon Moderator
    Hampton, VA
    The S Factor: Sonia and Silver
    <a href="http://blog.sonic-channel.jp/" target="_blank">http://blog.sonic-channel.jp/</a>

14. Tweaker

Tweaker

Misfit
    Oh... short edited version. For a split second I almost thought they had the full quality version of Look Alike, but they probably just ripped the version from the movie. Damn. :(

Looking forward to the bonus tracks, considering they'll be the only worthwhile content in the release. I wonder if we'll have any re-recorded tracks like we did for the first album?

15. Namagem

Namagem

USA
    <!--quoteo(post=374617:date=Nov 17 2009, 04:57 PM:name=Clover)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clover @ Nov 17 2009, 04:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374617">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The TRUE COLORS - THE BEST OF SONIC THE HEDGEHOG Part2 's track list is finally revealed!
    4. E.G.G.M.A.N.
    11. Theme of E-102γ
    - Bonus Tracks -
    14. Sonic3 MegaD Mix
    18. Open Your Heart (K-Klub Remix)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Oh.

Oh, dear.

It looks like I have something I need to buy.

Ballocks. My wallet is weeping already.

16. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

Wow, I see Look-a-Like on there. SEGA haven't forgotten that the OVA exists. Nice. :)

Too bad it's not the full version, though. Seems like the original assets of the movie's soundtrack are long gone. :/

17. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    An album sampling (30-second samples of all songs, plus have the remixes up):

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=felez-SBRyc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=felez-SBRyc</a>

18. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Whoa WHOA WHOA WHOA. FUCKING LOOK-A-LIKE? SERIOUSLY? Holy shit SEGA!

EDIT: Aw, it's just the short edited version. Oh well, still a surprise they would include it!

19. I've ordered the album, but it probably will be a few more days. I'll have a rip ready when I get it.

20. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    What's that last song in the youtube sampling? Is that on the album or just an extra they put in? I never heard it before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.