don't click here

Transferring XBox 360 Saves

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by SoNick, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Hello there!
    Some time ago, a friend of mine purchased a used XBox 360 and started her saved games under the account that was already on the console. Roughly a month ago, I purchased an XBox LIVE Gold 3-month subscription card for her so that we could play Left 4 Dead 2 together, but when she tried to enter the code, there was a password of some sort. After contacting Microsoft's support team, it has become apparent that she needs a new XBox LIVE Profile to use the Gold Subscription card on.
    However, her save files will then be rendered unusable. This is not a solution that she was willing to accept, as it would mean losing no small amount of time spent on Skyrim and Tales of Vesperia.

My plan is to transfer her save files to my PC via a USB stick (this has already been done), change the profile linked to said files, and transfer them back to the console.
    Therein lies the problem, though: I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the profile linked to the files! I've used USBXTAFGui version 44 to transfer the save files to my HDD and they open in Modio just fine, but even after copy-pasting the Profile ID from a new save created under a new profile, rehashing and resigning, and transferring the save files back they are still showing up as owned by the first profile.
    Extracting the savedata.dat file and injecting it into the new profile is giving me a "File is corrupted!" error when I transfer it back to the console, so there's progress at least, but that's... as far as I've gotten.

Is there some trick to this that I simply do not know? All of my prior save hacking involved .CAS files for WWE '12 and importing Titantrons for said game using brienj's CAW Editor program, so mucking about with actual primary savedata instead of just ancillary files is unknown territory for me!

Thanks in advance for any help on the subject that anyone can provide!

2. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    AFAIK you need to re-hash and re-sign the saves, programs like Horizon can do that, but they come with other gamertag modding tools you prolly don't want.

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Won't achievements then start popping up (out of order I might add) as soon as she loads games then? To others and Microsoft that will look like she's modding and will probably get her banned from LIVE. :p

This is kinda the fault of the person who sold the 360 not deleting all profiles the console beforehand though.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm actually slightly interested in doing this myself. I want the Unleashed data on one profile (which actually has less achievements) to go to my main profile. Main reason is that this Unleashed data has only acts in the level select list, no glitching the end of the level to get 0:00:00, and no light around the world glitch.

5. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    Load your save offline.

any achievements that can be won online more than likely won't pop, so you should be fine.

6. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Modio can do this. It is pretty rare that you be banned from doing this unless someone reports you.

7. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    I recommend using LeFluffie myself. You don't to need to unpack, modify, repack, rehash or resign; you can just replace the file you want to modify inside your original saved game container, and everything else will be done automatically.

Oh, and for what you are trying to do—binding a save file from one, offline profile to another, LIVE profile—you just need to open your LIVE profile in a hex editor, grab the new XUID, and hex edit your old save with the new XUID instead, and then rehash & resign. Now the Xbox Dashboard will say that said saved games belong to the new profile instead.

8. Using Horizon worked, thanks! After a bit of thinking, I believe Modio would have worked as well!
    In any case, what I was doing wrong was simple: I had the save from the can't-use-LIVE profile on the Flash drive, and I was changing the Profile ID from the other save on my PC then replacing the TL_Savedata00_0 on the drive with the hacked one. This was still using the directory structure of the can't-use-LIVE profile, but the Profile ID of the "new" profile. This was giving me a corrupt save error on the 360!
    Using the 360 to delete the messed save and copying over one from the "new" profile, then replacing said file with the hacked save on the PC was enough for everything to work fine! I can't believe that I was SOOO close to having it work..!

In any case, all of my testing's been done with my Gamertag ("The Real SoNick") and one that I found on the console after I left it unattended at a LAN party, one creatively named "Player 1." My friend'll be in town this weekend and I'll transfer her save for her then! Thanks again for all of your help, everyone!