don't click here

Tohaka

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Ultima, Oct 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultima

Ultima

Games Publisher Tech Member
    London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    Trigahd told me to get off my lazy ass and do something, which really hurt me. So I decided to post this here, and hopefully give you guys an idea of what's coming.

Some teaser shots.

[​IMG]

omg Press Start. Gimmicky, but I felt like it.

[​IMG]

Records. And different style of menu.

[​IMG]

Options screen has been changed a little because there's now a hard mode where the levels are, well, harder. Also, no more Sonic and Tails mode - only Sonic Alone or Tails Alone (I didn't like Sonic and Tails, it made me lose at the special stages ._.)

[​IMG]

Records screen. It stores all your details for each act in SRAM. And yeah, there's 3 acts per level. It also stores different results based on difficulty and character.

[​IMG]

You can choose an act and play a once-through of it (if you die or complete the level you go back to the records screen) to improve your records and/or ranking.

[​IMG]

Ranking at the end of the levels based on how well you did. As you can see, I suck.

[​IMG]

Characters need to be more individual. Sonic's faster, Tails can fly.

[​IMG]

Hard mode is a lot harder ;P

Note: The scoring system's different. I'm really not that terrible, before anyone says. 6000+ isn't a bad score (as you can see by the times and rings on the records).

Should be coming up with a release reasonably soon. (Yes, this is the same topic as the one that was posted in the tech member lounge a few weeks ago).

2. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Looks good - I enjoyed the previous versions of Tohaka I've played. The Records screen and Ranking system are both great ideas, too, and the introduction of difficulty settings should aid replayability.

Overall, looks like you're making some promising additions - though I have to ask, anything new on the level design front? The level layouts in the last version were good, and I'm curious to see if you've made progress with any other Zones yet.

3. Ultima

Ultima

London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    Not yet, but I will be going more. With 3 acts per zone, you kinda need to ;P

4. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    This as copypasted from the Tech forum. =P

5. Ultima

Ultima

London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    Acutally, I edited the mistakes out and added a line at the bottom saying just that ;P

6. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Looks good, can't wait to play it. Out of curiousity, are you going to make it so all zones are unlocked (or 2 or 3) at the start, or make it so you have to complete the current open ones for the next?

EDIT: Oh, what might be a nice little edit to add, would be on the rank "sign" saying "Tails" or "Miles" when character is set to Tails/Miles, and "Tohaka" on the Rankings screen.. eh, just an idea. :P

7. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    You don't have to take what other people say to you. You are not lazy in anyway, and you don't need to prove it.

8. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Ultima, don't forget the two new musics. :P

9. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    LOst, what Trigahd said is a completely valid statement that we all need to take to heart sometimes. Quickman has said this too.

10. Ultima

Ultima

London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    Heran - he said to me in a PM that he didn't mean it that way anyway. And if you feel you're being "lazy", do something about it =P

11. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Banned
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    That hack looks nice. But alas, I have no emulators installed on this machine yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.