don't click here

Time Traveller's Delight

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Vrantheo, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Don't forget, they did a pretty good job remixing stuff in Sonic Gems/Sonic Generations too.

2. David The Lurker

David The Lurker

For some mysterious reason... Administrator
    Hey remember that time they already made a remix album of the Japanese music that was done by the same people who did the original music and it was super awesome

yeah I remember that

...so why hasn't Sega released a version of the Japanese soundtrack that features the properly-looped versions of the tracks in the 2011 version, along with the Remix CD and those two random tracks that were in Gems Collection that were originally on obscure Japanese-only soundtrack releases?

3. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    Album is out:
    http://soniccd.ocremix.org/

I don't have any comments on it yet since I've only listened to part of it, but if you've listened to other OCR albums you know what to expect already regarding variation.

4. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Yep. Typical OCR garbage. Stick to trying to DJ five-year-old birthday party, guys. Someone's gotta mix those Kids Bop tracks for the little jimmies.

If you all want to listen to better mixes, soundcloud's the place to be. OCR's been a massive circle jerk otherwise for years.

I still remember the time they kept hassling Howard Drossin over Lava Reef and he did a double shut down on them. Dumbasses deserved it.

5. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    Yikes. Another OCRemix album. They'd be better off putting their, uh, "talents" to use composing original music. But then I guess they'd have nothing to lure unsuspecting listeners to the site with.

6. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    I really wanted to like this album, but the few tracks I selectively downloaded from this one did nothing for me. I can't say they were bad, but they didn't do much to set themselves apart from the original songs, like a remix should. (Bottled Choir, a remix of LoZ's Fairy Fountain, is a beautiful example of a remix.) They are the exact same songs revisited with different instruments; no serious experimenting or personality of their own whatsoever.

It's really sad, my ears never felt so bored while listening to a remix before. I think I'd rather go back to headdesking getting SoundCloud songs to download or record, than bother with OCRemix in the future. They used to do some amazing things, but now that's slowly becoming more rare to see an outstanding remix crop up on there, which kills the whole point of the site to me.

7. Shockwave

Shockwave

LA, CA
    Sonic: South Island Warped
    I've only listened to a handful of tracks so far, but nothing has really stood out to me. There isn't anything really bad, it's just pretty average. Just makes me wish more that OCR could release something as good as Project Chaos again.

Although, from what I have heard, I would probably choose to listen to this over OCR's Sonic 1 album.

8. Faseeh

Faseeh

Can't say much as I've only heard snippets but honestly, it's here and there. Stand out tracks would be Kruai's Collision Choas, Funk Fiction's Special Stage, Andy's Tidal Tempest for now.

9. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    There are a few tracks I liked, most of those are on Disc 3.
    Worst track is probably the rock version of Sonic Boom on disc 2. It's similar to Crush 40's version of Sonic Boom, but instead featuring someone who can't sing so he has to shout half the time.

10. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    Favorite track easily is Schizophrenic.

Some very good glitch hop in that there track.

in b4 someone thinks it's american dubstep

Edit:
    I'm actually really enjoying this album. There's nothing immediately wrong with it by any means beyond personal taste. Mixing is solid and consistent, it flows well, lyrics are kept to a minimum and fit the genre they're placed in, and it dabbles in many genres successfully.

11. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    For the record, the album is called Temporal Duality, with Time Traveller's Delight being one of the songs. You might want to change the title.

Edit: It seems you already had the correct title in the first post, but not the title. Confusing.

12. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Eh, it's not that bad. Metallic Madness JP is a great remix, and that Cowboy Bebop-esque You Can Do Anything is a great listen.

Someone covered Nine Inch Nails' seminal hit Closer and labeled it a US Metallic Madness 'remix' though.

13. Rainbowroad6w

Rainbowroad6w

This is the member title. I'm supposed to say some Member
    Making music and liking Zelda and Mario and Sonic. Shut up, don't judge me.
    If they catch me LOLing this statement I'm going to get in some serious trouble

- G-Mixer (Garrett Williamson)

14. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
    I started this thread long before Temporal Duality was even out yet. Time Traveller's Delight alone was released by OCR as an early special teaser.

15. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
    Oh, your Timekeeper is one of my favs. But my personal opinion coudn't stand you spamming the "go" voice sample everywhere (I liked how you played with "that's it" on the other hand). Can you give us a version without it? :P

16. Jayextee

Jayextee

Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    I gotta say, after a second listen, This Is Madness! (Metallic Madness JP) is rocking my socks hard enough to liquidise my feet. Or something.

WINAMP, Y U NO REPEAT-ONE?

17. Rainbowroad6w

Rainbowroad6w

This is the member title. I'm supposed to say some Member
    Making music and liking Zelda and Mario and Sonic. Shut up, don't judge me.
    ha ha, I'm sure you're saying that because you're like "oh crap a ReMixer is looking at this forum, I should probably try and cover it up" but thanks anyway lol

unfortunately I don't think I could deliver a version without the "Go"s everywhere hahahaha; not everyone's gonna like them like I did

but I'm glad that you liked the other samples. at least I can know I don't suck that much

18. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
    Nah, I'm not deep into the scene so don't know nor care much about Retro disliking OCR or anything. But Timekeeper is very great overall imo. Thanks a lot!

19. Falk

Falk

oh crap a ReMixer is looking at this forum!

- Falk (Falk)

edit: (well on second glance that came off the wrong way. I have a terrible sense of humor. Hi!)

20. Jayextee

Jayextee

Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Since I'm addressing a remixer (not going to bother with the arbitrary capitalisation) here: Timekeeper's alright. I'd probably say it's one of the more recognisable-to-the-source-material offerings, probably lower-end of the best ones. "Go!" sample didn't bother me as such, though I personally wanted more lip-service to the Past mix.

I'm warming up to the Nine Inch Nails cover one, too. Not a lot one can do with ambient sounds like MM US, I guess.