don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

I am a Woodpecker! Except in Dirt! Member
    Lava Reef Zone
    A Sprite-Based Dollmaker and a Card Game
    Then my goal has been achieved. Mwahahahaha. >3

2. RAMPKORV

RAMPKORV

Oldbie
    Sweden
    Licking my girlfriend's anus
  3. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Oh, if you hit the boss for MHZ2 (in S&K) with the lightning shield and then bounce up after hitting him (double jump) the first time, the graphics get completely garbled and the camera isn't in the right spot (too high) so you can't see the spikes or the bottom of Robotnik's craft. At least in Fusion.

4. Flygon

Flygon

Might I ask to see a video of this?

5. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    It'll be a while since here at home I'm on measly dial-up connections.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Each of the Sonic 3 special stage has a theme to them. I think Sonic and Knuckles does too, but it's not as easy to notice when in lock-on mode. The colors of the stages themselves correspond to levels of Sonic 3, including Flying Battery, which suggests that level may have been taken out really late in development.

1. Brown and light brown with Bright Blue sky = Angel Island Zone
    2. Dark Green and green with Purple sky = Hydrocity Zone
    3. Orange and creamy looking orange with Bright Blue sky = Marble Garden Zone
    4. Red and White with Black sky = Carnival Night Zone
    5. Orange/Brown and Purple with Dark Sky = Flying Battery Zone
    6. Light Blue and blue with light blue sky = Ice Cap Zone
    7. Purple and Yellow with light blue sky = Launch Base Zone

7. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Wow. I seriously never noticed that, but you're completely right. Nice find, man. o_O

8. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    You're absolutely right. What I can also tell is that it corresponds with the original level order—I'll have a document that supports this to post in near time, courtesy of Oerg866 (maybe I'll unban him).

9. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Um, what's there to support? Isn't CNZ -> FBZ -> ICZ the internal level order / the order in the Sonic 3 Level Select? I think it's fairly obvious that that was the original level order. (Unless you're talking about something past Sandopolis, although I can't see much changing after that.)

10. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    <!--quoteo(post=174608:date=Dec 21 2007, 08:15 PM:name=monsquaz.swf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (monsquaz.swf @ Dec 21 2007, 08:15 PM) [​IMG]

11. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Sonic wasn't deleted. He was warped to the bottom of the screen because he had reached the top. However, because he died for some reason, the camera locked and didn't run to where Sonic had actually gone.

Things like this are what happens when you mess around with debug mode.

12. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    Ah, right. That explains the disappearing block too, then.

13. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    Sonic 3 SS's weren't the first to start a trend like that... Sonic 2's SS's were colour coded to the emerald being won. The only exception to this I've noticed is there's a pink SS that you wind up getting a purple emerald for (could have just been my tv's colours were off, though)

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Hmm, Never thought about Sonic 2, but I think that you're right about that one now that I think about it (The first and the last stages fit that pattern if I remember correctly). I also checked Sonic and Knuckles out, but either the pattern is really subtle or non-existent. I can't seem to think of any patter for those stages (Or I'm playing them in the wrong order. Damn you S3&K).

15. Bozo

Bozo

Speaking of Sonic 2, in DEZ, when you jump back to the falling thing after the Mecha Sonic battle, that, well, falls, does anyone get a Game Over, then restart the level with a symbol (< or > usually, but sometimes others) with a number after it in the life's icon?

Edit- Added a few words I missed.

16. Bozo

Bozo

Sorry for the double post, but the thing isn't letting me edit, so I can't change what I wanted to say. But, I meant to edit the fact that it happens before the battle, not after. Sorry again.

This is what it looks like when it happens...

[​IMG]

17. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    Trial members have 30 minutes to edit their posts, from the time of posting.

As for the glitch you mentioned, could you explain it more or post a .gmv causing the glitch? I can't really understand what you're saying there...

18. Bozo

Bozo

Yes. When in Death Egg, (Sonic 2), you normally go to the Silver Sonic boss. Well, instead of going directly to it, I jumped back to the screen I showed above. When this happened, the game killed me and gave me a Game Over, but instead returned me to the beginning of the level. The only effect is the life bar, which reads a random symbol then number, signaling that you still have lots of lives left.

19. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I just tested it... I can't go back there.

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I think he means before you fight Metal Sonic