don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I had no idea about those last 2 rings, bloody hell. Yet the push-spikes-to-find ones I knew. Crazy, really =P

3. Yes it is (BTW, not my video, it's just the only 60fps one I could think of). Or at least was. Last time I checked, low resolution videos could be 60fps, but HD ones were converted to 30fps.

4. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    I actually noticed the blending as soon as I watched the video. Anything that moves fast ends up with the blending =/

And by the way, Fusion records at 640x480 because it's impossible to switch resolutions on the fly in an AVI (the resolution must stay the same), and because stretching 256 to 320 looks like shit, he went with 640x480 to reduce the shittiness of the stretching =P

5. Ah-ha! I knew I'd seen 60fps on YouTube before. Too bad they're not all that common. I gotta get that AVI log function in Fusion to start working. Last time I tried it, only the sound was recorded, and not very well. I figure maybe I'll record that CNZ signpost thing for all of YouTube to see.

But anyhoo, how on Earth did I not see nineko's video beforehand? I thought I saw all of them videos.

EDIT: Oh, by the way, you have a video that's over 30fps, nineko. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKSYbxAQTWQ

6. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Yes, I'm well aware that older LQ videos used to be allowed to reach 60 frames per second. With my "it's not possible to get 60fps on Youtube" I was referring to current HQ and HD videos. Which is a shame, as LQ videos usually... look like shit :\

edit: for the record, by looking at the video information for that video linked by tokumaru, it looks like the frame rate is variable. Crazyness :P

7. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Good god. There a lot of big rings that level I never even knew was there. >_>

256? I thought the resolution to the Genesis was 320×224.

8. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Some games use the 256x224 video mode (e.g. Sonic CD's Special Stages).

9. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    The Mega Drive has both 320-wide and 256-wide modes, and games can change them at any moment - which is why Fusion records at 640x480, so it can stretch the different resolutions without it looking SO badly.

10. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Well SHOOT :|

11. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Is there a way to make it where fusion shows the smaller resolution at its normal size?

12. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Normal? Er, both 320-wide and 256-wide resolutions look the same, they have different pixel sizes.

13. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Couldn't think of anywhere else to ask this, so this seemed like the place.

In Sonic Heroes, what exactly is Knuckles saying when you attack with him? This has bugged me for years, as it always sounded like he was saying "Shit", "Fuck", "Hyeaaaarh!". Friends I have shown this to also believe he says that. Now, I know it can't be the case, so what is it? I'm assuming it's "Shoot", "Grunting Noise", "Grunting Exlamation/Yell!", but it's likely I'm completely off.

14. Lodmot

Lodmot

USA
    Xtremely Sonic Engine
    I always thought Knuckles was just going like, "HWAAH!!! HEEEAHH!!!" xD
    I think he's just grunting. Lol. He's using all his mightyness >:D

15. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Some reason I thought of knuckles casually saying "oh, no." from sonic adventure lol.

16. Doppelgengar

Doppelgengar

WUDDA WUDDA WUDAAA! Rats.

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I always thought that we were hearing a quiet voice clip at the same time as a loud sound effect, so Knuckles voice sounds so muffled. Maybe someone could try to rip the sound effect? And whatever he's saying, it sounds better than that coughing fit he has in 06.

18. I'm pretty sure they're just random grunting noises, like when Tails gains altitude during flight, or when Big does his belly-flop thing, or Vector spits his teammates out of his mouth.

I think it just sounds like "Shuh!" "RAH!" "HYEEUGH!"

19. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    A quote from Sega's twitter:

20. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    I take it you mean ORA ORA ORA!!!